Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2009, 05:42 PM

Default 1st Ride 2001 EC 300

I recently purchased the above bike that at one time belonged to Jeff the site moderator. It has Ohlins suspension front and rear that has been tuned by LTR. I woke to the ususal Washington conditons for this time of year,rain. I met up with a friend and we headed for Tahuya with the hope that the rain would subside. That basically never happened so it was fairly wet. I have to admit that the bike is very impressive. light handling, great steering and the suspension was much nicer as I recall compared to my last KTM. I may still have a few jetting issues to work out, but the motor is VERY stong. I'll be putting the trials tire on pronto as the knobby was sketchy on all the wet tree roots. Also kicking around maybe two teeth larger on the rear sprocket? I'm really impressed after the first ride which was a little over twenty five miles. I can see how people would prefer a smaller displacement bike for really tight singletrack, you certainly have to be careful with the throttle. These are really neat bikes, suprising that you don't see more people riding them. The ususal reply I hear is " I only thought they made Trials bikes". That's really a shame, Carl.