Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:53 AM

Default Good lights

Hi, I have a 2014 EC300 Racing Nordic Edition and am looking for a good alternative for getting better headlight - I have a helmet light and also would like a better alternative for the one on the bike - stock is quite useless, it gets quite dark here...

Since it's the racing edition I don't have a battery or electric starter, so something that should work with the bike as it is would be great - is it even possible, or do I have to rebuild the electrical system?

Any hints on this?

Thanks in advance,
Mattias

Old 11-05-2018, 03:58 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlundstrom View Post
Hi, I have a 2014 EC300 Racing Nordic Edition and am looking for a good alternative for getting better headlight - I have a helmet light and also would like a better alternative for the one on the bike - stock is quite useless, it gets quite dark here...

Since it's the racing edition I don't have a battery or electric starter, so something that should work with the bike as it is would be great - is it even possible, or do I have to rebuild the electrical system?

Any hints on this?

Thanks in advance,
Mattias
My hint would be the Endurotech lamp from Poland. I have one myself, and am very pleased with it. I think we ride under similar winter conditions, as I live in Norway. I have a 2015 EC200, kickstart only. Please see my report here:
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22295

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 11-05-2018, 07:31 AM

There are lots of LED lamp options available. Go for as high a lumen count as possible and consider mixing a spot light and a flood light to get a good light spread. Also remember that a bright light is no good if the lens is garbage. Generally, you pay for quality but the result is worth it.

If you don't have a battery, does your bike have a power connector for a radiator fan kit? I use this to power my aftermarket lights.

I use these. I have had them for about 8 years now but they are still excellent.

https://www.adventure-spec.com/defau...tice-solo.html