Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 04-08-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurrr View Post
My map, 06 FSE450. (Not sure if it's a factory map, i bought a secondhand ECU when my factory ECU died)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gw4td3q6vg...50_06.bin?dl=0
Ahh thanks for sharing, you can always open up the tune from another poster a few above who had an FSR, the tune is pretty similar to what my 2003FSE450 has but you need a different 'definition' file to find the tune tables. If you download my tune and use my definition file in tuner pro then right click on the 'fuel table 1' and go into the properties you will see a hex address. If you now were to download a hex editor such as HxD (For windows) or iHex (mac) and goto that address in the same tune (mine) you will see how the tunes are played out. You can now open your tune (In hex editor) and to that same address, the table will be located 'fairly' close and you should be able to quickly see the similarities. Find the start of the fuel table and then look at the hex address, go back into tuner pro and change the 'definition' of the fuel table 1 to the newly found hex address and see what it looks like!
It'll take a little time but it's worth it, you'll be surprised how much you will learn in a short amount of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edm11 View Post
Is the only option to getting my ECU re flashed sending it to Spain ? 2007 GG FSR 450
FIRST make SURE it's a Magneti ECU and not a kako. This only works for Magneti's

Reflashed as in what? Tune it up? or has it been corrupted?
If it's corrupted then download the map off one of these other forum users and use the tool linked to upload to your bikes ecu. Remember to thank the others for their tunes! It's bloody nice of people to spend the time to get them and share!

If you follow the guide on the first page using a compatible cable you will have the ability to adjust all aspects of the tune including ignition advance and fuel tables and warm up enrichments etc etc.

No need to send your ecu off when you can make adjustments yourself.
You could always get it sent off then dump the rom and share it for others!

You can probably make a fair jump in power increasing the advance and funning better fuel, but be careful to not just do things by the seat of your pants. Do it scientifically and do it right. I take no responsibility of any damage done. To be honest it's not really all that easy to tune it well as you can't tune 'live'. Each mod you make you need to re upload then test, and repeat.

Sorry to anyone who wanted more support with this, I just don't have the time working as an Engineer and finishing my Honours. The time I do get I put into my BMW

I could be selling my GasGas soon but i'll still check the thread if anyones stuck or wants some advice on tuning or even modding the rom to add in features etc. It's not an easy task, but if you're familiar with C and are willing to learn how to write assembly code (or understand it at least) then you can do all the modification you want!

Old 04-08-2015, 10:03 AM

Thank you
Old 08-02-2015, 12:11 PM

Hello riders. Does anyone have fse 400 map? I bought fse 400 as a project now everything is in place, but ecu is from piaggio scooter. I updated ecu with fse 450 map, but obviously its too rich and starts after million kicks only. If anyone have got an 400 map please let me know. Thank you
Old 08-02-2015, 01:36 PM

Default 400 FSE Mapping

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73988210/FSE400.bin

Please reply, when you tried the map.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:54 AM

Not sure why but then i am trying to write it to my ecu it says thay the file does not fit your ecu. Edited old map by your tables and fuel pump not working now. What is going on..
Could it be that my IA15P ECU from PIAGGIO X9500 is different and doesnt fit 400FSE map? Or maybe ECU is fried? Then i change fuel and ignition maps and upload to ECU my fuel pump stops working and I cant figure out why. Old map values are just ridiculous, everything is well off, for example on your x axis you should have revs from 900-10000 something like that, and on my ecu map they are all the same and around 16000...

Last edited by RoyalAl; 08-03-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAl View Post
Not sure why but then i am trying to write it to my ecu it says thay the file does not fit your ecu. Edited old map by your tables and fuel pump not working now. What is going on..
Could it be that my IA15P ECU from PIAGGIO X9500 is different and doesnt fit 400FSE map? Or maybe ECU is fried? Then i change fuel and ignition maps and upload to ECU my fuel pump stops working and I cant figure out why. Old map values are just ridiculous, everything is well off, for example on your x axis you should have revs from 900-10000 something like that, and on my ecu map they are all the same and around 16000...
The reason the values appear to be wrong is most likely because the XDF in tuner pro is pointing to the wrong data offsets (locations). This is because the size of the code before the maps may be slightly different for the 400 and therefore the maps might be moved around a little bit. Do not worry as the BIN itself is probably fine, it's just the XDF not looking at the right place to get the data.

When uploading the file using IAW15xWriter did you get an error saying something like "Timeout for packet reached 5 times" or something before?

Just yesterday I tried to refresh my ECU after doing my latest rebuild of my engine. During the write the IAW15xWriter failed and I have now the same error as you that the "Bin does not fit ecu"

I suggest stopping what you are doing and wait just a few days as I have emailed the developer and am looking for a resolution to this error.

So for everyone looking at doing this at the moment I suggest waiting until it's known that the writer does not have a bug that causes this issue.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:07 AM

Yes I did get this couple of times -Timeout for packet reached 5 times. And it happened after I modified map. It looks like modifying map causes ofter problems, like fuel pump stops working, connection problems with GuziDiag. So you dont think it could be problem with ecu hardware? Will wait then.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAl View Post
Yes I did get this couple of times -Timeout for packet reached 5 times. And it happened after I modified map. It looks like modifying map causes ofter problems, like fuel pump stops working, connection problems with GuziDiag. So you dont think it could be problem with ecu hardware? Will wait then.
I have successfully modified (altered the code for my needs) a few BINs and have had no problems, I've been running the modified code for about 8 months without worries.

The issue raised when I downloaded the IAW15x Reader and writer (before that I used the 15RC version). Keep in mind I have only just received this error two days ago (just like yourself), so it's news to me too.

I think worst case scenario we will need a modified version of the software to temporarily ignore the checksums (calculations to ensure the information was transmitted correctly) and then hopefully once we get *something* written to the ECU we can then rewrite properly (with checksums) the BIN we want.

I have sent an email off to Bernd (the program developer who helped get the GasGas to work with his program GuzziDiag) and I will notify you all of the news as it comes in.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:25 PM

I've been following this for a while now, has anyone been able to reset tps with this setup? I'm thinking that's all I need for better starting but have no diagnostics gear right now. Also, most of this tech talk is a little over my head but someone said "wideband"? O2 sensor? Is there any programs written to allow the iaw15 to run live off of one. Seems to me tuning would be a lot easier with one. Also, I've been searching for the USB-DLC cable but you've said it can't have elm327 but everyone I find makes mention of it
Old 08-04-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastisbetter View Post
I've been following this for a while now, has anyone been able to reset tps with this setup? I'm thinking that's all I need for better starting but have no diagnostics gear right now. Also, most of this tech talk is a little over my head but someone said "wideband"? O2 sensor? Is there any programs written to allow the iaw15 to run live off of one. Seems to me tuning would be a lot easier with one. Also, I've been searching for the USB-DLC cable but you've said it can't have elm327 but everyone I find makes mention of it
Gday,

You can reset the TPS using the IAWDiag which should be available for download off of The GuzziDiag website. To get better starting you will probably need to adjust the CO Trim (also available for adjustment in the IAWDiag) which basically shifts the fueling rich or lean.

At the present time there is no closed loop control of the fuel utilising a Wideband O2 Sensor. This probably never will be either as there is limited space in the ECU and also someone would have to program it (Not easy at all).

I think you should purchase a K-Line OBD connector as well as an OBD to FIAT 3 Pin adapter, this will be the easiest way for you to adjust things. After that you can purchase a wideband O2 Sensor I suggest the Innovate LC-2 for a gauge and controller, or if you want a hand held unit then I suggest buying the LM-2 version as it can also data log.

The Wideband will give you an output of Lambda or AFR. I believe that to set the CO Trim properly you need to adjust it until at idle your Lambda reads 1, or the AFR is at the stoichiometric value for the fuel you are using (Regular fuel is about 14.7:1).

Try to get an FTDI FT232RL OBD cable as this will give the best results, however I have heard that others have gotten the cheaper knock offs to work for simple things such as CO Trim adjustment and TPS Reset etc.

Tags
ecu, fse, iaw15p, obd, tune