Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

View Poll Results: What tire do you use on your Enduro bike?
knobbie 209 73.85%
trials 37 13.07%
all of the above 37 13.07%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2008, 01:33 AM

At the rear I have been using the Pirelli MT16 120/100-18 which is the closest knobby to a trials tyre I believe. Good traction everywhere, especially on rocks and roots. In front I have tried many but still I haven't decided. One of the best was the FIM Michelin MediumSoft. S12 is awful. MT16 3.00-21 is generally good (perfect for wet roots and rocks) except on mud. A favorite front tire in Finland is the Metzeller MC4 which I am going to try next.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:00 AM

I have yet to try the trials tire, because of the mud and clay that seems to stick around all season in southern ohio if it rains much. I have had good luck with the pireelli MT32 rear. Hooks up great. The Mid soft front works great too. Dot approved as well. If they would make the S-12 like they use to I'd have no problem buying those either.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:12 AM

Pirelli MT 16 rear knobby...great all around tire that works well in N.E.

Pirelli Scorpion Pro front knobby...Awesome tire! Total trust in what it will do

Mitas ET-01 rear trials....UNREAL so far, just stunning. Will only go back to a knobby in super muddy or sandy conditions.

Skidad
Old 07-09-2008, 09:02 AM

I use trials tires front and rear for all but when I'm on the street. "Believe the hype about trials tires" WOW I will never go back. One of the best things about trials tires is that they hook up not just throw dirt and this makes them more friendly to the trail. Do not get me wrong here I'm not a bunny hugger but it only makes since that if we leave less of a mark the Tree huggers should have less to bitch about. Thus giving us more time to ride. Yes I said more time because it is only a matter of time in tell they stop us from riding. Get involved if you are not all ready.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post
I can't get over how good the trials tire is. Stock, gasgas makes the best bush bike (IMHO), but now it's even better. Believe the hype about trials tires, and rekluse clutches.
I second that. For tough technical conditions, you can't top that combo - GasGas, Rekluse and rear trials tire.

There must have been a reason why the Endurocross riders were using trials tires last year.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
Mitas ET-01 rear trials....UNREAL so far, just stunning. Will only go back to a knobby in super muddy or sandy conditions.

Skidad
Before you do that try lowering your tire pressure to about 5 to 7 psi and try it in the mud and sand. I expect that you will be pleasantly surprised.

My well used (1000+ miles) ET-01 trials tire would readily outclimb a nearly new MT-16 on greasy wet clay hills. Both were on GasGas 300's.

There are guys on trials tires that can outclimb knobbies on big sand dunes.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Before you do that try lowering your tire pressure to about 5 to 7 psi and try it in the mud and sand. I expect that you will be pleasantly surprised.
I have been using 6-7.5psi as advised by you other ET-01 users. I was a bit nervous using this low a pressure but so far so good and just tons of rocky trails. It has not exhibited any unusual characteristics really at all, even on roads. So far it just feels like a fantastic knobby to me so that's good. The valve stem spun a bit after the first ride even with 2 rim locks clamped down tight. I straightened that and it didn't move on my 2nd ride at all. I need to get the Talon rim locks. I will also be adding a Rekluse soon. It's gonna be a great combo I'm hoping.

Skidad
Old 07-09-2008, 02:21 PM

Skidad,

Do a search for my rimlock mod with the M5 setscrews. If my brother's TE450 Husky didn't spin it you won't either!

I run basically what you do, spare wheel with the knobby. The Mitas is really good and even at higher speeds has no bad habits. The thicker sidewall is also more durable in rocks.

Run a few clicks more rebound damping with the trials tire and it will feel even better.

The Mitas on my bike is half worn and still works great. I have two brand new ones still wrapped in plastic that will not see use till next year some time I'm sure, bummer.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:40 PM

So, I'm loving the trials tire on techy stuff and up to 3rd gear trails. Beyond that, it just feels sketchy and gets no grip. It's easy and predictable to flat track around corners with this tire, but I don't think I'm as fast as with a knobby on this terrain. Any tips? Or is this basically the limitation of a trials tire? I'm running about 6-7 psi in it (Tire Balls).
Old 07-10-2008, 06:07 PM

Apparently Taddy used trials tires to win the Erzberg this year. Slower in the soft stuff, but superior in the rocks.

The above is according to the latest MotocrossDigital magazine.

Kim
05 Pampera 250