Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 08-11-2018, 01:56 AM

Default Re commissioning the fse400

G'day people's, I haven't been here for a while, the gasser has been parked while I've been riding a BMW gs 1200 the last few years.
Anyhow I've been invited to go to an enduro weekend at sunny corner near Bathurst nsw by my new boss so I've got the old rig running again.
I tried jump starting it at first and the fuel pump was dead, I got one from Italy(same as a smart car's pump) and a new lithium battery(so light) and gave it a crank. It eventually fired but wouldn't idle so I pulled off the throttle body for a clean and discovered a crack in the intake that I replaced with silicone intake pipe From the local auto shop. It fires up and runs sweet now but what else should I do to get it up to speed after a long sleep?
I've changed the coolant (with the Evans waterless stuff) and oil and filter, and I'll put new rubber under it, but any other suggestions?

Old 08-19-2018, 05:18 PM

Nitroman,

The only thing I can think of is to change the brake fluid, start it, ride it and report back here

I am busy fitting a DRZ400 motor into a FSE400 frame, so I keep an eye on the four stroke threads.

Regards, Harry
Old 10-27-2018, 09:18 PM

I?d also change your oil!