Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Mini Gasser 's Corner

Mini Gasser 's Corner GasGas Mini Bike Forum. EC Boy Heaven.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:10 PM

Default 2004 EC50SM for sale less than 300 miles!

Hi everyone,

This ride was bought new on 12/24/09! That's right it sat on the showroom floor for 5 years without ever even having gas or oil in it or having the electrolytes added to the battery. Dealer will confirm this. The only issue is a weeping oil seal at the bottom of the oil tank (down tube of the frame) where the low oil warning sensor reads. I'm looking into this. Exhaust restriction has been machined out. I recently read something about "screens" in the expansion chamber but cannot confirm their existence. If they do exist they have not been removed. It doesn't matter though, this little bike screams! I can't believe how fast it is for only 49.6cc! The only other defect is the tip of the clutch level broke off when it walked off the suicide stand. Otherwise as new, less than 300 miles!

If you aren't familiar with these bikes do a search on youtube. They are very popular overseas and highly respected. There are all sorts of hop up parts for them. VERY FEW were ever imported. Original sticker was almost $5,000!

These little bikes aren't little by the way, they use the rookie frame and suspension. Showa inverted forks adorn the front, the wheels are superlaced dedicated 17" SUMO wheels, the tranny is a 6 speed with a hydraulic clutch, the instrument guage is digital, the brakes are dual piston (forget the make) and huge rotors, electric and kick start. This thing is the most well built 50 I've ever seen. It is built far better than most of the Japanese bike I've ever owned (and I've owned many).

Please don't be turned off that this is my 1st post, I am a longtime member of ADVRider.com and have several hundred posts under the same screen name mostly in the rockies section. I have sold a number of bikes to members there (including 3 in the last month) and can provide references.

I'm letting this one go because it was an impulse buy and I deluded myself into believing I could use it as a pit bike at the horse show events I photograph. (my website is www.flyinghorsephotography.com) But there are 2 problems with that. The bikes I have used in the past (scooters and a Honda CT70) are clutchless so I can carry a large camera/lens on my left shoulder, and the GG is TOO loud for the horses. It screams and they don;t like it. Small clutchless 4Ts are the in ticket for me.

SO I'm hoping for $3,000 for this near flawless not even broken in rarer than rare mini moto. Or I am interested in a recent EC300 or recent TXT. I love trials and woods riding. Trades will be considered.

Please feel free to call me in the mountain time zone 303dash258dash3614 and I will answer any questions you have.

OH and it is currently Colorado Motorized Bicycle registered (moped/scooter). It is a 3 year reg with 2 years remaining, and allows you to park on the sidewalk, ride without license or insurance although that is a really bad idea! And it comes with the original MSO, we don't title under 50cc here. But with the MSO you can get a title in your state.

Call or email me if you'd like more pics.

Thanks, Todd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S9Z_1031.jpg (120.5 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg S9Z_1035.jpg (117.5 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg S9Z_1040.jpg (124.3 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg S9Z_1041.jpg (80.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg P6100005.jpg (75.2 KB, 88 views)

Old 11-05-2010, 08:37 PM

Do you still have the little bike?
Old 01-07-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudson_hollow View Post
Do you still have the little bike?
Hello HH,

Yes I still have the bike. It is sitting in the garage collecting dust and sadly neglected. Probably has a dead battery by now, but otherwise the same as the ad says. My email is checked daily flyinghorse150@hotmail.com.

Todd
Old 11-17-2020, 04:53 PM

I have your bike!

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25413