Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 03-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Thanks Harry and the BCMC

Harry McConnell ( Grampy) and his MC club put on their annual timekeeping enduro last weekend. Its the Sparkplug Enduro and is the NMA series opener.

A tough, fast and technical course, with just the right amount of time given back to keep even slower guys having hope to finish with out houring out is what they provided. The weather was superb and the people were even better.

Their club spent hours cutting miles of new single track just for our pleasure! Not to mention all the brushing and all the other thankless jobs it takes to make a successful enduro event happen.

So I just wanted to extend a huge thank you to Harry and his club for continuing the Sparkplug enduro tradition with an epic event.

My enduro opener didn't go how I had hoped but I still got some good points.

After a couple bad mishaps I still mustered a 6th out of 17 open A and 16th overall long course.
Nearly tore my radiator off and cracked a shroud as I came around a fast sweeping corner I believe someone on one of the minutes in front of me had knocked a large log out into the trail which I tryed to avoid but it was to late, it was radiator high. Wedged in and sent me high side, lucky for me the radiator was only tweaked and did not leak. This was early on.

In the later part of the day 60 miles in or so. I was pushing hard in a special and came over a rise and hit a slick root funny and it sent me out of control right into a tree. It probably looked like a cartoon as I face planted that tree cracking my visor on impact in many places and pinching my foot between my bike and that tree mashing my toes, busting 2 of em. Then sending me to the ground with authority.

Here is a few picks Harry shot of me and one another photographer got. Enjoy!

Roscoe

My Minute # 3

Off I go.

Check #5 you can see the missing portion of radiator shroud in this shot.

Good clear cut shot caught by guy out on course taking pictures.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 04-01-2009, 08:27 AM

Thanks for the great report and the sweet pictures! Brings me back a few years!

Ride to work: Pedal bike or 1986 Suzuki GS400S
Ride for fun: 2007 GasGas EC300
www.FVDRA.com
http://www.bluemountainmotorcycleclub.com
www.TeamCoastalCycling.com