Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:41 PM

Thumbs down 01 ec125 clutch problem

so i got a 2001 ec 125 with a cr125 clutch and i have a problem

the clutch has been dragging before to the point where it would kill the engine if it was on idle and i put it into gear without revving it a little. I though no big deal..

so on last ride the clutch just quit working, i was not on the bike at the time so i can not say what exactly happened, however the lever just felt loose, it had no resistance. when i started the bike, put it into first, it stalled.

so got home, tried bleeding the system with DOT 4 (it says to use the on the cover) and it did nothing.

I did some research but still can not come with a solution

so are there any rebuild kits for this bike?
you guys got any other possible solutions??

Old 04-19-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michalt95 View Post
so i got a 2001 ec 125 with a cr125 clutch and i have a problem

the clutch has been dragging before to the point where it would kill the engine if it was on idle and i put it into gear without revving it a little. I though no big deal..

so on last ride the clutch just quit working, i was not on the bike at the time so i can not say what exactly happened, however the lever just felt loose, it had no resistance. when i started the bike, put it into first, it stalled.

so got home, tried bleeding the system with DOT 4 (it says to use the on the cover) and it did nothing.

I did some research but still can not come with a solution

so are there any rebuild kits for this bike?
you guys got any other possible solutions??
The first symptom is pretty normal, I could never start my 125 in gear and it didn't like to be left at idle in gear either.

Was someone else riding the bike when it happened? If they crashed, they may have damaged the clutch.
Is there any visible leakage from the clutch system? Mainly around the master and slave cylinders. You may have had one of the seals go on the system and its no longer holding any pressure which makes the lever go limp and the clutch not work.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:03 PM

Depending on who owned the bike before you, i.e. How many hours, abuse, lack of maintenance? It may simply need to come apart, and be replaced.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:14 PM

Funny, my brother/nephew owned that bike and I built it. It has a Hinson clutch that was in great shape. Its likely just an AJP master that went belly up.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:47 AM

I noticed that the master was a little wet around the seal that day.
My brother took the system apart and cleaned it then trie bledding it again. Same.
He said that its probably the slave cylinder went bad.
Is there any way to figure out for sure which one went bad?
I looked at the ajp site however i did not see that you can order from there. What are other places to get the cylinder or a rebuild kit?
Old 04-20-2012, 12:25 PM

Unlikely. If the slave went bad it would dump brake fluid into the transmission through the leaking slave piston oring. This would foul the trans oil and make it milky just like if there was water in it. How did he attempt to bleed the system? You have to back bleed it through the slave fitting with the lever backed off enough for the holes in the master to be cleared by the piston.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:07 PM

We tried a normal bleed. I will try a reverse bleed over the weekend. What would you recommend to push the fluid?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:21 PM

The system must be back bled, you will never be able to bleed it through the master. You need a syringe with a short piece of tubing.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:36 PM

i was thinking that but wouldnt a syringe be too small tho?
Old 04-25-2012, 06:23 PM

I tried reverse bleeding. Didnt work.
Is there a way to figure out which cylinder is down?