Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-26-2020, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Sanded down my FMF Fatty and painted it.

Old 05-26-2020, 01:52 PM

Only thing I've done in a long time is I ordered a TM red skid plate last week for my '11 since they were on closeout. No clue when I'll actually get it rideable again.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 05-26-2020, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
can't believe you've not tried Tubliss yet
I can't believe how quickly a couple years snuck by without me riding!!

I'm old fashioned.. if it aint broke don't fix it.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:14 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I can't believe how quickly a couple years snuck by without me riding!!

I'm old fashioned.. if it aint broke don't fix it.
thought it was just me. Sold my 2010 just before lockdown and got a trials bike did some playing in the yard, but my dogs told me it was actually louder than the lawnmower, especially when you factor in the barks lol

with regards to Tubliss, if you're not chasing a championship and don't worry about a 10 minute stop to plug a puncture (if you even notice it in the first place) then tubliss is the way to go. Mousse for the trophy hunters
Old 05-28-2020, 01:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
thought it was just me. Sold my 2010 just before lockdown and got a trials bike did some playing in the yard, but my dogs told me it was actually louder than the lawnmower, especially when you factor in the barks lol

with regards to Tubliss, if you're not chasing a championship and don't worry about a 10 minute stop to plug a puncture (if you even notice it in the first place) then tubliss is the way to go. Mousse for the trophy hunters
I don't even mind a 20min break to change a tube! Certainly not chasing anything.. just out enjoying the bush!
Old 05-28-2020, 04:47 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
I don't even mind a 20min break to change a tube! Certainly not chasing anything.. just out enjoying the bush!
once you try it you won't go back, the traction and longevity you get from running at 0.4Bar makes it even more fun.

Not implying you were chasing anything, my point was that (IMO) that if you are being competative and don't want to risk getting a flat then that is the only place anything is better than running tubliss (and only better in terms of risk, the feel is not better)
There is a reason why we don't fit tubes in cars anymore
Old 05-28-2020, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mmm yeah nah yeah nah..

Maybe..

Understand that racing is a different animal. Along with moosey comes muchos servicing and lubing, and changing tyres chasing that traction like it's going out of fashion.

Probably depends a lot what you ride. I like mud, lots of mud, and rainforest. Thick goopy pack your knobs up so that the tyre looks like a mud slick tyre mud! I have lots of fun!

I'm also that tight arse bloke you see who runs their tyre until theres no tread left.. or half the knobs are missing! I just keep letting air out as needed. And I'm not that fond of an overly dead feeling tyre either. A bit of air sometimes helps too.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:46 AM

I had tubliss and went to a mousse. I hated it and went back to tubliss. So much happier. Feel is better and if I get a flat I just can plug it and fill the tire.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 05-31-2020, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Mmm yeah nah yeah nah..

Maybe..

Understand that racing is a different animal. Along with moosey comes muchos servicing and lubing, and changing tyres chasing that traction like it's going out of fashion.

Probably depends a lot what you ride. I like mud, lots of mud, and rainforest. Thick goopy pack your knobs up so that the tyre looks like a mud slick tyre mud! I have lots of fun!

I'm also that tight arse bloke you see who runs their tyre until theres no tread left.. or half the knobs are missing! I just keep letting air out as needed. And I'm not that fond of an overly dead feeling tyre either. A bit of air sometimes helps too.
I think we are on the same page but you don’t think you are lol. I hate mousse (except the chocolate type) and the benefit of tubliss is you can run it at very low (even zero) pressure without worrying about pinch flats. And it works even better in mud than rocks.

And cost wise it will pay itself off pretty quickly I fitted mine to my 2010 when I bought it (the front tubliss was already a year old) and it Was still on when I sold it a few months ago.

Now getting on to feel, I didn’t really notice it until I pinched the tubliss inner when I was changing tyres the night before a race so I fitted a tube I had and while I still don’t get unsprung weight I I definitely felt the difference when I had tube fitted. So think of it as a suspension upgrade that is much cheaper than your ttx or kybs lol

Try it, take the pill it will be just like on the Matrix
Old 05-31-2020, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Arghh Matt! Maybe.. I'll sit on the fence for a while!

I rode my bike again today. Bloody mud takes its toll. Leak from the countershaft seal.. I'll put a few more rides on her until the oil is due and then change her out (I know I can change it without draining oil.. I'm just being lazy).