Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 10-06-2014, 03:25 AM

Default GASGAS EC250F 2013 Whistling noise

Dear Friends,
During the last days of cycling when the right front suspension in contraction operation(about 50% from the Maximal contraction) There is a sound of whistle without any erasure, also there is no Oil leak from the seals . the motorcycle done about 150 hours and 5100 km.
From Your experience what could be the reason for it?
Is it Could indicate an internal problem in the suspension ?
Thank you all!!

Old 10-06-2014, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

How do you know its the right front in contraction operation and not the left front?

What have you done to try and elimate the noise? Any visual indicators of rubbing/wear externally? Ie fork shroud against upper fork leg? Cable routing? Can you replicate it with the fork off the bike?
Old 10-06-2014, 07:42 AM

HI
So let me say:
1. I was wrong about the size . It's come from the left one.
How do i know it:
i stand the motorcycle in front of the wall , When the front wheel leaning against a wall and I pushed the handlebars forward to Do compression to the suspention. then I noticed that the "noise" come from this area- the left.
I try to check any Cables released or plastic noise but didnt able to diagnose any Source. A close friend who has a lot of Experience and knowledge told me that may be the "noise" come from an object in the up front, and that the marzocchi may make some noise -Naturally over time.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

The 45mm Marzocchis don't like a lot of torque on the lower triple clamps. 10-12Nm will suffice. Make sure everything is aligned. Remove the forks from the bike and try to isolate the sound to the fork alone. Depending on when they were last serviced, perhaps consider some fresh fluids and checking things out internally while you've got them off.

Thats where I'd be heading.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
The 45mm Marzocchis don't like a lot of torque on the lower triple clamps. 10-12Nm will suffice. Make sure everything is aligned. Remove the forks from the bike and try to isolate the sound to the fork alone. Depending on when they were last serviced, perhaps consider some fresh fluids and checking things out internally while you've got them off.

Thats where I'd be heading.
So I went to the garage today to inspect the suspension. we talk about the 48mm Marzocchis and not the 45mm. the conclusion is that the nois come from the External dust seal. the mechanic heard the , noise and immediately realized the source. he sprayed rubber oil And the whistle was gone.
As I read on the Marzocchi Manufacturer there is a recommendation to spary the dust seal with -spray Based grease Frequently all around 30 hours.
So want to say thank's!!!
Old 10-08-2014, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Stock seals (especially when new) had loads of stiction. I replaced mine with SKF and much better.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:49 AM

Thank u JAKOBI
I have see the SKF on ebay as u write
The motorcycle is 2013 model-on the road since 08-12, more than two years
Israel is very worm country and along of the year the dirt is dry with a lot of dust. I look for information and see that we have to take care of the suspensions' periodically. When the time come and I will have to make a Renovation I will change it to the SKF.
For now thank u and have a good rides in Australia!!