Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:26 AM

Default 08' trail tech speedo help please.

Hi all, need some help if you dont mind. When I got my 08' ec250 the trail tech unit was not wired in, I know I need a new speed sensor. But how many of the other plugs should be connected to something? I have a wire on the bike which I pressume is the power lead (has some sort of resistor built into it). Does the tacho normaly work? I assume the temp sensor is not used?

Any help would be good, some pic's would be perfect so I can compare wires.

Thanks alot.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I'm not sure about the GasGas one but I have a TrailTech Vector.

The minimum is the sensor cable. The unit runs on a CR2032 battery. There are also plugs for the Remote, Temp Sensor and Power.

The power wire is a very small ga 2 conductor wire, 1 black, 1 red.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:19 AM

My 09 came with the power and speed sensor already connected and they have tags on them.
Attached is a picture of the free cables/sockets. The smaller one has a TACH tag on it. The other one is for the optional engine temperature sensor I guess. Here is what the factory answered about them:

"Regarding to your request, we can inform you that the multufunction set assembled on the bike , is prepared to connect the "tachometer" and also, the "temperature sensor", but on mass production, we only use the "power" and "speed sensor"."

So I connected the tacho myself. Just took a "signal" from the ignition coil (see the other attachment) and connected it to the red TACH wire. The black TACH wire is zero/ground so you can connect it anywhere on the frame for example.

Check out Trailtech manuals too - http://www.trailtech.net/instructions.html
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Free_Connectors.pdf (96.8 KB, 71 views)
File Type: pdf Ignition_coil.pdf (186.0 KB, 76 views)
Old 01-02-2009, 04:00 AM

Thanks that heps alot, with regard to the tacho connection, did you haveto buy a cable?

I think the big plug allow it to connect up to indicators and head lights so the warning lights on the das function? not that anyone would need it.

How good does the tacho work? has anyone connected the temp sensor?
Old 01-02-2009, 10:56 AM

No, I didn't buy a cable. Trailtech sells cables with the appropriate connectors, but the expense was unjustifiable for me. I took a normal multi-thread cable, broke the plastic connector on the computer cable, twisted the two and "sealed the connection" with insulating band.

The big connector must be for the temp sensor. Warning lights operate depending on the revs. I have left mine at standard settings - 6k and 10k rpms.
Btw. my idle seems to be at about 2k rpms.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:51 AM

Thanks for the info. Got my rpm gauge working, broke the connector and soldered wires. The ground wire I connected under the dash retaining bolt. The red wire I wound around the spark plug wire a few revolutions and fastened with a cable tie.

My idle speed was 2600 rpm. The ppr setting (pulse per revolution???) was 0.5 so I had to change it to 1 to get the right value.