Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 07-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Hi Rocky,
I pinged Ron @ RB-Designs via e-mail. He responded he was busy with family in town this weekend and said he would reply back when he got a chance.

He did say he didn't know about getting parts needed and that you might need to dig these up, but it won't be an issue. I asked Les about it and he told me that GasGas uses a Vesrah Rod - same as an '81-'01 CR250. Ron shouldn't have any trouble to round it up for you. For reference, the Vesrah part number is VA-5001. I'll pass this info back to Ron.

jeff

Old 07-16-2006, 12:18 PM

Thanks for all the responses. Yesterday I sent the crank to Surf + Turf in Pomfret CT. I requested a Honda rod, they use Pro-X. From our conversation, they sound like a good company and the name reminds me of last night's dinner. Cylinder is going for a replate, most likely Powerseal unless someone suggests otherwise.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Site Sponsor

Hi rockyroad and others,

Just wanted to let you all know that I can rebuild these crankshafts and have been rebuilding all types of press together cranks for over 30 years now.

I design all of my own fixtures and tooling for Crank Rebuilding. I rebuild crankshafts from the basic 50 cc two stroke single cylinder to the 1100 cc four cylinder four strokes.

By the way rockyroad, the Pro-X rod kit is a great choice

Thank you,
Ron
Old 07-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Ron.
Do you balance cranks also?
Old 07-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman
Ron.
Do you balance cranks also?
No I do not do any balancing on most any two stroke crankshaft. I find that the factoy counter weighting of their cranks seem to be nutral.

When you start changing the balance factor you are making the engine more RPM specific. In other words, you can make the engine vibration smoother at a specific RPM range (not a very wide range at that). This will make the engine vibrate in other RPM ranges.

If you are building a road racing engine you have a narrow power band and it is usually at a higher RPM's. Balancing an engine for these higher RPM's helps both power delievery and reduces the vibration. It will shake at lower RPM's, but you are not running the bike at these rev's anyway.

Like I said, most factory singles are balanced for the all around power RPM delievery.

Ron