Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:45 AM

Default Electric Starter pictures 2011 300EC

Intergalactic electric starter

Old 07-30-2010, 06:55 AM

Holy crap thats big and ugly Answered my question from the other thread, dry interface. Also looks like it works with the 2K-3 ignition.

No thanks I'll kick.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:18 AM

Goodbye to the aftermarket oversize power valve cover!

Is this for real or a prototype?

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 07-30-2010, 07:35 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I say real but then again Steve took down the pics...cat out of the bag???

I was wondering the same thing about the PV cover. It doesn't look like it could be larger with that last pic. Maybe a cover larger cover? What about the fins to keep the starter cool. I don't know...
Old 07-30-2010, 07:42 AM
Banned

I think its wise of gasgas to designe a simple add on starter to bolt on or off the existing engine, rather than spending time and money on a re-designe of the exellent existing engine, in order to placate the few old women who are to lazy or have only the leg strenth of a enemic twelve year old girl.I've heard absolutely no compelling reason that two strokes need an electric start especially givin that 99% of the guys demanding one still think mullets are "in" and are about as fast and capable as a hundred year old tortoise.Want your bike to start first kick?, jet it properly! Still having problems? maybee lawn bowling instead.Why do I care about this? ,because its the same mindset that brough us $ 50 k pickup trucks that you cant fix yourself, if breakes down and you cant afford to fix it, thats ok too, just borrow against your home equity for a new one. Oogh , does it come in dusty rose?

Last edited by widebear; 07-30-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebear View Post
I think its wise of gasgas to designe a simple add on starter to bolt on or off the existing engine, rather than spending time and money on a re-designe of the exellent existing engine, in order to placate the few old women who are to lazy or have only the leg strenth of a enemic twelve year old girl.I've heard absolutely no compelling reason that two strokes need an electric start especially givin that 99% of the guys demanding one still think mullets are cool and are about as fast and capable as a hundred year old tortoise.
WELL SAID!!!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:04 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I desire electric start, I do alot of course set up and tear down and am not a 4T guy. So if Gas Gas can make e start reliable 2t and not have a huge sacrifice in motorcycle performance, Im in. But so are mullets.

Luckily I'm more capable than a hundred year old tortoise or someone might see that large ugly thing mounted up to my Gas Gas as I pass em.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:11 AM

so whats the weight gain on the ugly duckling?
and another thought, how much more of a PITA is it going to b to get the spark plug out with that thing in the way?
Old 07-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Banned

Talking

quote: someone might see that large ugly thing mounted up to my Gas Gas as I pass em.

Roscoe[/QUOTE]

I hope your talking about the chainsaw and not the wife? Guys. Lets not forget the extra expense incurred for that thing, its not like gasgas is gonna be putting them on for the benifit of their own feelgood.

Last edited by widebear; 07-30-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebear View Post
quote:I hope your talking about the chainsaw and not the wife? Lets not forget the extra expense incurred for that thing, its not like gasgas is gonna be putting them on for the benifit of their own feelgood.
Ha Ha, just another tool in the arsenal of course work. And your right, price is also a major factor. Especially if it looks as it does, if it was sexy looking and was lighter, more would probably be willing to throw more dollars down for it.

I do remember a time when water cooling was added to the first Dirt bike. Many were like "It'll never work" all those hoses and radiators to get damaged. Look at where we are now in bike evolution it starts some where and this is the first step for Gas Gas. It will surly get refined as their bikes have over the years.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!