Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:03 PM

Default Anyplace make rear axle blocks?

There anyplace that make these? Will make chain adjusting so much easier!

Old 05-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

With those blocks, you would have to thread the swingarm so the adjusting bolt will stay in place.
I have seen a lot of bikes that have had those bolts sieze in the swingarm and break off. No fun.

I like the GG set up. Be sure to use a high quality wrench and you should not have any issues.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:28 AM

Quote:
With those blocks, you would have to thread the swingarm so the adjusting bolt will stay in place.
Or drill and tap those blocks and add an all-thread and flange nut to mimic the GasGas Stock unit. Trick is finding a 10mm flange nut with that small flange and a 13mm hex. I just repaired one of my GG units. I picked up all-thread and a nut at the hardware store... the flange is too big and the hex head is 15mm. Had to grind down the flange and there's barely enough room in there to access the 15mm hex. Not ideal.

I have the threaded hole in the swing set-up on my Husky and it is fine as long as you stay on top of it with anti-seize or grease, but the thing was close to seized when I got it. I like the GG arrangement better.
'04 Duc M800 R.I.P
'06 Duc S2r 1000 R.I.P
'07 Duc S2r 1000 still rubber side down...
----------------------------------------------------------
May be so... May be not so...

My Website
Old 05-20-2008, 11:25 AM

No need for blocks. Get the chain adjusted slightly loose but approximately even and measure the sprocket side adjuster from the flange nut surface to the axel with a caliper. Make this equal on the other side adjuster. Now adjust by turning the nuts one flat at a time on each side, ignore the marks. Shrink tubing on the threads that fit in the swingarm keep the adjusters from falling out.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:50 PM

I was wondering what you were thinking about with the threaded swingarm but whomever made the axleblock could just put the threaded rod on the end just like the stock one. Or If there was an axle block to fit the bike I would just drill and tap it for some threaded rod. Only problem I was thinking is about the stop rod that makes the axle stop turning when you tighten it down. Unless later years are different from my 03.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
...measure the sprocket side adjuster from the flange nut surface to the axel with a caliper.
Is that way accurate ? I was always told to measure from the center of the swingarm axle to the center of the rear wheel axle.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:21 PM

Not by itself, but the GG swingarms (3) that I measured while off the bike were all the same(as expected) on each side from the pivot to the machined surface the flange nut touches, so this way works. I don't trust going by the marks, I know mine is straight and the marks are just a little off.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
the GG swingarms (3) that I measured while off the bike were all the same(as expected) on each side from the pivot to the machined surface the flange nut touches, so this way works.
Good to know. Thanks.