Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:42 AM

Question Hebo Bar Bend?

Girard gave me his Hebo bar off of his 07. I noticed that the bend & sweep are quite unique. Anybody know what bend & height is on the Hebos are?

I had the moose flex bars on my bike but my hands were going numb as soon as I started to ride. So I need to find something that works.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:45 AM

The '06 EC stock bars are nearly identical to the late model stock KTM bars.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:15 AM

Thanks Eric. I thought Glenn had sad something about being like the KTM bend. I really like how they don't have to much sweep plus they are a bit taller than my moose bars.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Yep very close to the KTM stock bend. The Hebo version with out the cross bar are very comfortable and quality units. I was glad to see my 08 had them again like my 06. Cut down, position, good to go.

My 04 had the cross bar Hebo's and the were replaced cause they were low and not very comfortable, but they were still quality built.

If those Hebo bars don't help, the numbness may be another issue.

Grip style, or griping too hard off the get go until you get warmed up can cause this.
Little or no stretching before you go,doing some push ups or pull ups before you go can help.
I don't know if you have had any back problems but your back could be out, this is something I deal with as I have injured my spine in the past. Most don't really think of the back in relation to your arms and hands but that is where you nervous system lies.

Good luck,

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 05-26-2008, 11:53 AM

Roscoe,

I have had no major injuries except the minor strains. The bike vibrates worse than my 04 300 did. I am thinking the next step will be Flexx bars and maybe a BRP upper tripple clamp with rubber bar mounts to help minimize the vibration. I even thought about putting BB's or some silicone down inside the bars to aid in minimizing the vibes from coming thru the bars.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-26-2008, 12:44 PM

Robby, yes the '07 Hebo is almost identical to a Renthal KTM SX bend. I really like minimal sweep. Try not to rotate the bars too far foward, as the ends then turn up amd put pressure on the outside of your palms causing numbness and cramps. I had that problem.

I have been running the KTM bars and sub mount with the stock seat. While great when standing, its a bit tall when seated. I think I will have to go to a taller seat to balance things out when seated. Never got my '08 seat due to a mix up and GG sending only the bases, so I will do a GUTS tall.

I wonder if the mods to that bike threw off the crank balance factor?
Old 05-26-2008, 01:58 PM

I've been using the Fasstco Flexx bars since March and absolutely love them. I get really bad arm pump but can honestly say that it is in the past now. Another plus is they are very, very strong. I've had a couple big crashes with them and am amazed that they're still straight.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Robby, yes the '07 Hebo is almost identical to a Renthal KTM SX bend. I really like minimal sweep. Try not to rotate the bars too far foward, as the ends then turn up amd put pressure on the outside of your palms causing numbness and cramps. I had that problem.

I have been running the KTM bars and sub mount with the stock seat. While great when standing, its a bit tall when seated. I think I will have to go to a taller seat to balance things out when seated. Never got my '08 seat due to a mix up and GG sending only the bases, so I will do a GUTS tall.

I wonder if the mods to that bike threw off the crank balance factor?
Yes the mods did something. To me it is not that bad for the power I get out of the bike. I just have to get it fine tuned if you will for me & my style of riding. Each time I make adjustments it get's better.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:28 PM

When you have the down time, you can yank your crank(no, not that one ) and send it out to be balanced. Maybe talk to Ron at RBD about it?

Make sure all the mounts and swingarm pivot are tight.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
When you have the down time, you can yank your crank(no, not that one )

Have you been talking to my wife Glenn?

I will double check everything and go from there. I am anxious to try out these bars Girard gave me.