Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I got the ProTect sub mount that also moves the bars foward over the fork centerline and really like the way it feels just sitting on the bike, and I'm only 5'9". Havn't ridden it yet but I think it'll be a winner. Everyone is different, but rotating the bars way foward can create problems depending on the bend (sweep), as the ends will turn up. This created pressure points and numb hand/wrist issues for me, so I now pay attention to keep the bars no farther foward than would cause the ends to go out of parellel with the ground.
I agree on all accounts including the ProTect mount which I had them do the same. 6' even here.

Skidad in MA

Old 02-28-2008, 10:40 AM

Please correct if I am wrong here... the ProTect product is not simply a bolt-on solution... you have to modify your frame bracket tower... I believe cutting is involved??
Old 02-28-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I got the ProTect sub mount that also moves the bars foward over the fork centerline ...
Darn -- I didn't know this was an option. Is it mentioned on their web-site or a custom request? Mine still hasn't arrived yet -- maybe if it hasn't been shipped I can get this version.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregarious View Post
Darn -- I didn't know this was an option. Is it mentioned on their web-site or a custom request? Mine still hasn't arrived yet -- maybe if it hasn't been shipped I can get this version.
He works kind of slow so give him a call quick and see if you can change it.

Skidad in MA
Old 02-28-2008, 12:06 PM

I beleive he makes to order, for the less common(non KTM) parts anyway. You will never get him during the day but he will always call you back.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Please correct if I am wrong here... the ProTect product is not simply a bolt-on solution... you have to modify your frame bracket tower... I believe cutting is involved??
you do have to cut down your tower,very easy,I did mine with a grinder in two minutes,comes with pretty good directions,you also have to flip over the mount that slides onto the tower and reverse it 180 degrees,as your damper is now facing the opposite direction when mounted,but it must take a lot of strain off the tower as it now sits a good half inch lower than a stock tower
Old 03-04-2008, 02:23 AM

Default Diy

I'm 6' and run my bars very high but I also like them forward as well. My first risers were for standard bars and moved the bars 60mm away from the normal position - I could adjust this to 60mm forward or about 45mm forward and 45mm up. This helped a lot stood up in technical trails - it was very natural to be stood and gave better control. It helped uphill as you were further forward anyway and also helped downhill where the extra height seemed to put you in a better position. For fast races with a lot of corners requiring sitting and a leg out I needed to move the bars to no rise and 60mm forward otherwise my arms were a bit high and my shoulders ached. I'd never want to go back to a standard position now. I've just got mounts for my pro tapers made which mimic the bar positions but also allows me to run my GPS over bar damper as an underbar one : )
'95 ish XR630 (died many times in Oz)
Old 06-15-2008, 03:40 PM

Default this might help

A friend of mine did this he is a tall lad and it was good for him
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...ering+footpegs

mick.