Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 12-09-2020, 06:09 PM

Thanks very much , I love a good grind 👌

Old 01-02-2021, 10:57 AM

Thanks for the input, I am very close to spot on but may go slightly further with the slide grinding to make it #8.5. Currently #8.

I could still do with getting the needle clip in the middle position so i have some adjustment available come the warmer weather.

The current needle is the N3EH , clip in top groove.

Does anyone know how to do this without changing anything else?
The only change that would be advantageous would be a slight leaning off at around the quarter throttle position, which would negate the extra grinding mentioned.
Old 01-02-2021, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
Thanks for the input, I am very close to spot on but may go slightly further with the slide grinding to make it #8.5. Currently #8.

I could still do with getting the needle clip in the middle position so i have some adjustment available come the warmer weather.

The current needle is the N3EH , clip in top groove.

Does anyone know how to do this without changing anything else?
The only change that would be advantageous would be a slight leaning off at around the quarter throttle position, which would negate the extra grinding mentioned.
I had to join in order to post in your thread, so being my first time to do so in this forum please forgive if I manage to screw up this post.

There are several needle series that are clip position relatives of your N3EH. Most of them are richer, and are not what your looking for but there are a few that are leaner. Here is the entire list of that family of needles. They are listed in 1/2 clip position increments from leanest to richest.

LEANEST
N82x
N89x
N3Cx
N3Ex
N8Rx
N2Zx
N4Dx
N3Vx
N4Ax
N6Mx
RICHEST

N89x then is 1 full clip leaner than N3Ex, and N82x is 1.5 clips leaner than N3Ex. N89x in clip 2 = N3Ex in clip 1. That doesn't get you to clip 3 but does give some adjustment. Not sure where you'd source the N82x other than a Kawasaki KX 500 parts fiche and as you've shown above it may have only been available in leaner starting diameters from K through T. It appears the N89x was available from Kawasaki in diameters A through H. However you can also source the N89x in diameters G through J from a newer Yamaha YZ 250 parts fiche. Looked to me as though the same needle (N89H) was @ $13 from Yamaha vs. @ $23 from Kawasaki.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:02 AM

Thanks very much for your input, beyond the call of duty.
So that being known (N89x) what diameter (x) should i choose, do i stick with the diameter i have ? ie the H or do i need to adjust this value to compensate at all?
Sorry, I am just unsure of the effect this is will be making.
I am really pleased with how the bike is running and i don't want to back pedal.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
Thanks very much for your input, beyond the call of duty.
So that being known (N89x) what diameter (x) should i choose, do i stick with the diameter i have ? ie the H or do i need to adjust this value to compensate at all?
Sorry, I am just unsure of the effect this is will be making.
I am really pleased with how the bike is running and i don't want to back pedal.
Your welcome, yes stick with the H diameter since your happy with it. N89H-2 will be the same as N3EH-1. When you change the starting diameter of these needles it only changes the needles outside diameter in the area of the straight section, the remainder of the needle (tapered portion) doesn't change.
If you haven't already, give some serious consideration to going back to the second clip position with your N3EH. It could be that your slide modification was more effective in resolving your issue than the leaner clip position was. There may or may not be something to gain by back pedaling with the clip position, but you wont know for sure unless you try.
Old 01-27-2021, 05:00 AM

Thats great Hallsy,
cheers
Old 01-27-2021, 03:08 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsy View Post
I had to join in order to post in your thread, so being my first time to do so in this forum please forgive if I manage to screw up this post.
Great to see you over here, hallsy. Your jetting posts have helped me tremendously. Thank you.

Between you and Jakobi (and all of the other helpful people here), we'll all be running in the jetting "sweet spot" in no time!

Jeff