Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:51 AM

Smile help my kid with his research,,, 5 quick questions please

See my last post pg3 for results. Thanks to all that contributed!

We're done taking results from this survey. Anyone posting going forward will just be for the benefit of "as info" to the GGRC community. We will try to compile this info into something meaningfull for everyone to see but the results are obviously not a typical cross section of society. Most everyone on this board are pretty hard core riders or racers. And we all know if you want to race competitively you are eventually going to get injured. I will add my info on at the last post dated 12/11. Thanks again, Jeff & Wes.

My son is doing a research paper (high-school senior) on off-road related injuries and is trying to gather some data. Answers from this site may be a little skewed as I think most of you are pretty hard core riders and most if not all of you have received one type of moderate or severe injury at one time or another. That being said is there any way I can get you guys to fill out his survey for him? If you have multiple family members feel free to add them also. No need to get too descriptive with the answers. You can PM me or reply to this thread. He appreciates your help. ALSO, please reply even if no injuries and your age would be a big help!
Thanks!

ORV Injury Survey
1 What is your gender? Male Female

2 Have you ever used an Off Road Vehicle, and what type of vehicle was it? Please answer 1), very often 2), seldom 3), never

Dirt Bike?

ATV?

UTV?

Off-road only 4x4 (rock crawler, racer)?

3 If yes have you ever received moderate or severe injuries while using an Off Road Vehicle? Yes No

4 If yes, what type of injury or injuries did you receive while using an Off Road Vehicle?

(Example: Broken Arm, Concussion, Cut Leg and needed 8 stitches, etc)

5 What was your age (or ages if multiple) when you received your injuries?

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)

Last edited by jostby; 01-26-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: added request for age even if no injuries

Old 11-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

ORV Injury Survey
1 What is your gender? Male

2 Have you ever used an Off Road Vehicle, and what type of vehicle was it? Please answer 1), very often 2), seldom 3), never

Dirt Bike? yes

ATV?

UTV?

3 If yes have you ever received moderate or severe injuries while using an Off Road Vehicle? Yes No

yes

4 If yes, what type of injury or injuries did you receive while using an Off Road Vehicle?

Dislocated shoulder, concussion

Old 11-30-2009, 10:41 AM

ORV Injury Survey
1 What is your gender? Male

Dirt Bike? yes, 1, very often

ATV? 2
UTV? 3
Off-road only 4x4 (rock crawler, racer)? 3

yes

Separated shoulder(28), cuncussion (24), lacerations of forearm requiring 4 stitches(29), broke both ankles (Tibia) at the same time (24), two broken ribs (24).

Ages posted in previous, but here goes again: 28, 24, 29, 24. The concussion and the two broken legs happened at the same time, along with two broken ribs.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 11-30-2009, 11:18 AM

ORV Injury Survey
1 What is your gender? xMale Female

2 Have you ever used an Off Road Vehicle, and what type of vehicle was it? Please answer 1), very oftenx 2), seldom 3), never

Dirt Bike?x

ATV?x

UTV?

3 If yes have you ever received moderate or severe injuries while using an Off Road Vehicle? Yesx No

4 If yes, what type of injury or injuries did you receive while using an Off Road Vehicle?Broken ribs(6) concussion, contusions,,

5 What was your age (or ages if multiple) when you received your injuries?31
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 11-30-2009, 11:40 AM

ORV Injury Survey
1 What is your gender? xMale Female

2 Have you ever used an Off Road Vehicle, and what type of vehicle was it? Please answer 1), very oftenx 2), seldom 3), never

Dirt Bike?x1

ATV?x

UTV?

3 If yes have you ever received moderate or severe injuries while using an Off Road Vehicle? Yesx No

4 If yes, what type of injury or injuries did you receive while using an Off Road Vehicle?Broken ribs(6) concussion, contusions,,

Broken clavicle (collar Bone)

AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 11-30-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostby View Post
My son is doing a research paper (high-school senior) on off-road related injuries and is trying to gather some data. Answers from this site may be a little skewed as I think most of you are pretty hard core riders and most if not all of you have received one type of moderate or severe injury at one time or another. That being said is there any way I can get you guys to fill out his survey for him? If you have multiple family members feel free to add them also. No need to get too descriptive with the answers. You can PM me or reply to this thread. He appreciates your help.
Thanks!

ORV Injury Survey

Dirt Bike? Yes, very often

ATV?

UTV?

Yes

Broken carpus

.................................................. .............................
Old 11-30-2009, 05:08 PM

ORV Injury Survey
1 What is your gender?

2 Have you ever used an Off Road Vehicle, and what type of vehicle was it?

Dirt Bike? very often

ATV?often

UTV?never

Off-road only 4x4 (rock crawler, racer)?never

3 If yes have you ever received moderate or severe injuries while using an Off Road Vehicle? Yes

4 If yes, what type of injury or injuries did you receive while using an Off Road Vehicle? (Broken collar bone/concussion), (knocked out teeth/stitches in face and gums), (broken leg), (bruised ribs),(knock out teeth again/stitches in chin)

15, 18, 19, 24, 27
Old 11-30-2009, 05:20 PM

ORV Injury Survey

Dirt Bike?

ATV?

UTV?

concussion (15)
dislocated knee(28)
broken ankle(38)
broken wrist(44)
impaled leg(46)
broken clavicle(49)
many other cuts and bruises over the years

Old 11-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

ORV Injury Survey
1) What is your gender? Male

2) Have you ever used an Off Road Vehicle, and what type of vehicle was it? Dirt Bike. Very often.

3) If yes have you ever received moderate or severe injuries while using an Off Road Vehicle? Yes

4) If yes, what type of injury or injuries did you receive while using an Off Road Vehicle? Strained ligaments/tendons in my left foot (bent under footpeg from hitting a stump). A few good soil samples that made me see stars for a few minutes. Some deep bruising from said soil samples (the nice deep yellow kind that take weeks to go away).

5) What was your age (or ages if multiple) when you received your injuries? 36.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:54 PM

1 Male
2 Very often-Dirtbike
3 Yes
4 tibial plateu fracture, broken foot x 3, collapsed lung, concussion x ?, lotsa cuts, abrasions, bruises
5 riding since 4yrs old and now 51 injuries span lifetime, worse injuries after 28