Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 11-29-2011, 04:59 PM

Default what suspension shop is good with GG setup

I have a 2009 GG ec250 and need to get the front and rear resprung/revalved. I previously had Enduro Engineering do my Husaberg suspension and was very pleased. I know they do a ton of WP stuff. Does anyone have any experience with Enduro Engineering setting up the Marzocchi and Sachs on the gassers? Is there another company I should be looking into? thanks

Old 11-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Administrator

LT-Racing (aka LTR suspension) has the most experience with gasgas & husky suspension - zokes, sachs, ohlins, WP, etc

Les Tinius @ www.lt-racing.com

jeff
Old 11-29-2011, 07:03 PM

+1 for LTR. Many shops know WP, Ohlins, etc but he has been dealing with how they react on GG since they started importing them. And he'll talk to you on the phone about it without acting like you're a 15yr old wasting his time. He re-valved mine front and rear and I was happy with the price and performance.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 11-29-2011, 07:13 PM

w.e.r. thats east coast NJ, or maybe NY, or is it PA??

drew smith rides a husky with the 45mm zokes so you know he's got be familiar with them. I've never used them but have talked to drew. Seems like he'd be a good guy to work with.

I use Factory Connection because they are right up the road ....
Old 11-29-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonster View Post
I have a 2009 GG ec250 and need to get the front and rear resprung/revalved. I previously had Enduro Engineering do my Husaberg suspension and was very pleased. I know they do a ton of WP stuff. Does anyone have any experience with Enduro Engineering setting up the Marzocchi and Sachs on the gassers? Is there another company I should be looking into? thanks
I've been racing the Sachs/Sachs and Marzocchi/Ohlins Gassers in midwest hare scrambles and enduros and I'm sure I can get you set up - check out PlusOnePerformance at afterhourscycle.com
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 11-29-2011, 10:12 PM

Call Richard at House of Horsepower in OKC. He really did a wonderful job on my 125.

http://www.houseofhorsepower.com/index.htm
1-405-524-4686
Old 11-30-2011, 08:38 AM

Les at LTR is the man. Sent both my Ohlins forks and shock to him when they started drooling and they came back clean and set up perfect. I put them back on the bike and have never regretted sending them to him. I've never had a suspension work so well. I agree with jostby, I can't stand the "attitude" you get from some shops and parts counter people. Les treats you like a fellow enthusiast and understands that you just might know something about your own bike and riding style. I once took my Ohlins forks to a local shop and stood there, with two gold Ohlins tubes in my arms, while the counter staff berated me for not having Showa forks.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkeater View Post
Les at LTR is the man. Sent both my Ohlins forks and shock to him when they started drooling and they came back clean and set up perfect. I put them back on the bike and have never regretted sending them to him. I've never had a suspension work so well. I agree with jostby, I can't stand the "attitude" you get from some shops and parts counter people. Les treats you like a fellow enthusiast and understands that you just might know something about your own bike and riding style. I once took my Ohlins forks to a local shop and stood there, with two gold Ohlins tubes in my arms, while the counter staff berated me for not having Showa forks.
that is where my forks are right now.. been riding gg's for a few years now.. have talked to les a time or two and he has been very helpful. this is the first money i have ever spent with him, did not seem to matter to him at all..
Old 12-31-2011, 03:51 PM

If you're in the midwest, you might also want to try Borelli Racing Suspension in Mendota, IL. Great guy, humble and super to work with. He's done work on my Ohlins and they turned out great. I also have to recommend Hall's in Springfield. They have done great work for several of my friends, and their lead man on suspension has been into GG for years! Look to spend about $100 per fork (or for the shock) for clean, rebuild, and set up.

LTR and Afterhours are great shops too!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonster View Post
EE is more than capable of making your GG suspension work great. The guys at EE actually own an EC300 in their test fleet and used my personal bike for R&D as well. If you live near them and dont want to be bothered shipping your stuff across the country, give Al or Dave a ring.

(517)393-2421