Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:27 PM

I've got a '18 XC300 and the E-start works flawless.

Old 04-01-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetster220 View Post
I've got a '18 XC300 and the E-start works flawless.

Just picked an 18 up. Can someone with updated leads compare them to mine?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gasgas-battery.jpg (43.0 KB, 49 views)
Old 04-02-2018, 11:52 AM

I’m curious why your bike has a lead-acid battery opposedto the Lithium battery that mine came with. Also the “updated” leads people are talking about are down on the starter. Most of the issues people are talking about occurred on the 18’s that were sold last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
I?m curious why your bike has a lead-acid battery opposedto the Lithium battery that mine came with. Also the ?updated? leads people are talking about are down on the starter. Most of the issues people are talking about occurred on the 18?s that were sold last year.

Hi,

Mine was a dealer demo bike with maybe a quarter to half a tank run through it. Yep not an LI battery for sure...........not sure what happened. I ordered an Earth-x EXT-5 battery for it the other day.

Bike is starting fine so will assume it's all good.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:55 PM

When I asked the local dealer here in Mesa, AZ if they had experienced any issues with the starter post upgraded leads, he mentioned that they had switched to a better cold cranking battery (so presumably not a Li battery) on their personal bikes. Maybe they did this with the demo you got so it would crank over better first thing in the morning
Old 04-02-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus_Flat View Post
When I asked the local dealer here in Mesa, AZ if they had experienced any issues with the starter post upgraded leads, he mentioned that they had switched to a better cold cranking battery (so presumably not a Li battery) on their personal bikes. Maybe they did this with the demo you got so it would crank over better first thing in the morning
Could be. I know the earth-x model I've ordered flat out starts a bike in 2nd gear super fast for dead engine starts. This was on a 17 KTM250xc and YZ250FX bike. Guess we will see how it does when it comes in this week.---

From the manufacturer..........

NEW AND IMPROVED! EarthX ETZ series of starter batteries are the most powerful, light weight, compact sized batteries on the market! Designed to replace the stock, small lithium battery that comes with the 2017 or newer dirt bikes from KTM, Husqvarna, Honda, Beta, and Kawasaki with almost TRIPLE the cranking power! This is also a great battery for other dirt bike models where weight and performance matter. It only weighs 1 pound, and has 240 cranking amps!
Old 04-02-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperrider1 View Post
Could be. I know the earth-x model I've ordered flat out starts a bike in 2nd gear super fast for dead engine starts. This was on a 17 KTM250xc and YZ250FX bike. Guess we will see how it does when it comes in this week.---

From the manufacturer..........

NEW AND IMPROVED! EarthX ETZ series of starter batteries are the most powerful, light weight, compact sized batteries on the market! Designed to replace the stock, small lithium battery that comes with the 2017 or newer dirt bikes from KTM, Husqvarna, Honda, Beta, and Kawasaki with almost TRIPLE the cranking power! This is also a great battery for other dirt bike models where weight and performance matter. It only weighs 1 pound, and has 240 cranking amps!
I've heard nothing but great things about the earth X batteries, I was just speculating as to why your bike may have come with something other than the stock battery.

BTW, since you have experience with both, care to give some comparisons between the '17 kato 250 xc and your new gasser?
Old 04-02-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus_Flat View Post
I've heard nothing but great things about the earth X batteries, I was just speculating as to why your bike may have come with something other than the stock battery.

BTW, since you have experience with both, care to give some comparisons between the '17 kato 250 xc and your new gasser?
To me the GG feels like a 17 + KTM but with more cockpit room and WAY better suspension.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperrider1 View Post
To me the GG feels like a 17 + KTM but with more cockpit room and WAY better suspension.

And taller, and longer

Old 04-10-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
Coworker is going to buy a new bike tomorrow. He is stuck between a xc and ec gasser and also a te and tx husky. Anyone ridden to compare. Thoughts.
What did he end up buying?