Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > Other GasGas Bikes/Quads

Other GasGas Bikes/Quads Trials, Pampera, Wild HP, etc.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:32 PM

Default Pampera 400/450 reliability and servicing

Hi everyone, im finding it a little hard to get some info on the Pamp in regards to reliability and servicing so if anyone can offer their input it would be greatly appreciated. Pretty much im looking for a low-maintenance 4-stroke trailbike, not something i have to rebuild and check valves every 1000k's. To be honest, my EC200 is too good for me. For myself, the bike far out performs my abilities thus why im looking for a trail rather than a enduro bike. And i can be honest and say this although i dont like to admit it. Any input would be great.

Nathan

Old 04-27-2008, 09:10 PM

Bought an '06 pampera 400 new october 2006. Well over 250 hours on clock and over 10,000 kays. Apart from keeping oil and air clean and feeding it tyres, nothing else has been needed. I regularly check valves, never had to adjust.
This is the best bike I have ever owned, I'm 45 and have been riding since I was six. The power is smooth, it's light, easy to handle, ergo's are good even for me at six foot.
I'll have this bike for years at this rate.
When you get one, play with the jetting and mixture. It will start easily hot or cold. If mixture is off it will frustrate you until you get it right. After a while you will know just by ear if mixture or jetting is good.
This is a trail bike in an enduro frame with downrated suspension - perfect trailbike.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:55 AM

Sensational..thanks bxb. How do you find the suspension? Even though i just trailride i still ride at a pace which isnt racing pace but isnt look at the scenery pace either. Is it ok standard compared to say a DRZ400?