Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 05-06-2011, 08:24 AM

ok, I just called the dealer and am now more confused. He says drain the frame. I was under the impression that this was a wet sump and therefore wouldn't have oil in the frame. how do I drain the frame. And if I get it drained, is there a specific procedure on getting it filled again. I'd really like to get to the bottom of this.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:20 AM

Try this:
Get the engine really hot then drain the oil and change the filter. Leave it draining for as long as possible leaning it left and right periodically to make sure you have as much of the oil out as is practical. Refill it with 1200cc of oil which is supposed to be the capacity of the 06 and 07 bikes. Make sure the bottom window is covered and try it. If you have to much oil in it will find its way to the air cleaner box.
Some earlier models have a drain in the front frame tube. neither of mine do but there are 2 pipes that go to the bottom and side of the frame. It is some kind of excess oil reservoir/breather arrangement I believe.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:04 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil123 View Post
I´ve got a 450 SM -06 and I have discovered a terrible problem. It doesn´t take many seconds on the rear wheel before the oil light comes on.

How do you do? Just keep the the front wheel down or has anyone of you a good solution?

I´ve thought about the oil level, should I dare to fill up a little more oil if it matters or will it just damage the engine?

Don´t wanna do any bigger surgery right now, but I might have to? Because you can´t have a motard that don´t wanna wheelie!

Just found this thread. Emil, my bro shot this video of me just before you posted this thread. I titled it "GasGas: Eventually the Oil Light Goes On". (Between the single track trailheads on this side of the mountain there is nothing to do but slide the corners and wheelie the straights.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg4xHoc8ltA
Old 09-02-2014, 02:43 AM

Hi, I have the same problem with my 450 FSR SM '07. Do you solved this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil123 View Post
I´ve got a 450 SM -06 and I have discovered a terrible problem. It doesn´t take many seconds on the rear wheel before the oil light comes on.

How do you do? Just keep the the front wheel down or has anyone of you a good solution?

I´ve thought about the oil level, should I dare to fill up a little more oil if it matters or will it just damage the engine?

Don´t wanna do any bigger surgery right now, but I might have to? Because you can´t have a motard that don´t wanna wheelie!
Old 12-26-2014, 09:10 PM

Maybe... Ive since replaced the engine, so I dont know if this would have worked with my other engine, but with 1000cc's oil, which is over the top sight glass, oil light comes on as soon as I grab throttle, without even really lifting the front wheel. 250 more cc's and the problem seems to have disappeared.