Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:37 PM

Default Need some advise

Hi there ,I´m selling a EC300 07 and having a EC200 06 . I had a LTR needle in the 300 it was a #7 , 45 pilot 178 main and air 2-2.5 out . this was the summer jetting ,,I live in iceland can I use the same needle in the 200cc bike ? if so how are the jettings for it .
Thank you Hilmir Iceland

Old 03-04-2010, 10:32 PM

Default My settings

Hey all,

I've just put my pipe back on after having ding blown out and reinstalled carby (after adjusting float height correctly) with:

Pilot Jet - 42
main jet - 178
Needle - N1EG
Clip position - 2
Temperature - 20c

With this setting (and with float height now set correctly) the bike did seem to run a bit better. It would idle for a few seconds and then stall. Power was ok but at full throttle, there was a little bit of hesitation.

I then came back to the garage to do my first needle change!
(I bought a CEK needle as CCK was not available and the only difference between the 2 is that the CEK is about 1.5mm longer in straight section)

So I installed the CEK at clip position 3 and went for another ride - just on the road as it's currently raining and havn't got time to go anywhere else.
I turned out the driveway in first gear, lifted the front wheel and went right through all the gears on the back wheel!!!!
Absolutely awesome - I can't believe how much of a difference it's made!

So my now current settings are:

Pilot Jet - 42
main jet - 178
Needle - CEK
Clip position - 3
Temperature - 20c-35c

As I said, i've only ridden up and down the road and will go for a better ride over the weekend to test it further but I'm very happy with it.

I'm thinking on the weekend i might put a 40 pilot jet in to see if it fixes the idle.

I'd like to thank everyone who has taken the time to post up their jetting settings as it's been so helpful for me to read about everyone elses experience.
I'd also like to especially thank Pobit (Dave) for his huge amount of information posted on jetting. I still want to try the N3EG as Dave says it's the best so I may do that after i've used the CEK a little bit first.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:26 AM

How does the cek differ in performance to the CCK I've just popped one in my 250 running 42 idle 175 main clip 3 #7 slide. Air screw 1 1/2 turns

I've only just done it. Bike feels unbelievably different to the stock n1ef but I'm cautious of it being too good possibly too lean and cooking the engine

@Ktmandy
Old 11-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

CCK is a couple steps richer. CCK#3 = CEK#5
Old 11-06-2013, 02:33 PM

Thanks again Jakobi am I in any danger of cooking up my Gasser it's certainly leaner and a whole lot keener. Or am I worrying un necessarily? I'm so not used to my bike being this bloody alive and responsive.

@Ktmandy
Old 11-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

I'd say it'll be just fine Andy. They are resiliant engines and I've run mine on the leaner side of great more than once in the search of perfection. Just be aware of the signs and if they present themselves go richer. Watch for blowing coolant, high racing idle that won't drop, run on/surging when rolling back/chopping the throttle, and the most noticable just a flat unresponsive feel like the engine is gasping for air/hesitating when opening the throttle. Most noticable on a hot engine thats being pushed or under load. May experience some pinging in the same scenario too.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:09 PM

Brilliant Jakobi I've only had it out for about 25 mins so far. None of the above symptoms hoping to open it up in anger a little more this Saturday.

Still can't get past the fact of what a staggering change its been. Normally on 1/4 throttle she struggles stutters burbles before blasting in to power. Now..... few me, not sure if I will be able to hold on. 1/4 throttle it's screaming like a 2 year old with a wet nappy!

@Ktmandy