Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:35 AM

This idling problem appears quite a bit. All the reasons mentioned will also cause an erratic idle, but from what has been said, it seems that its just the normal idle for everyone, then it drops to the putt putt level. After adjusting the float level, which was much too high in my brand new 2006, and putting the 38 pilot in mine, it will fast idle (about 1500rpm) for a few seconds and then drop down to silly slow idle speed and run a long time like that (very quiet like that tho). A blip of the throttle brings it back up to the normal idle.
If your bike leaks gas out the overflow when it on the stand or barely leaned over, your float is too high.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:39 PM

Question Try a Mikuni

CDN,Im starting to think something is wrong in the design of the kehin.I think there are different slides available with a different cut around the air passage for the bottom of the slide?Or maybe the case induction gas gas design ports are to radical for a good idle?I dislike anything that dosnt idle it gets me pissed.Those trials bikes they make must idle or those guys probibly wouldnt ride them -right?My 01 ec250 is almost right but it still screws up and peeders out here and there.It likes to be super low or a tad to high.If i can get my hands on a MIC im going to try it unless i hear of a positive fix
71'CT70
72'Trail 90
06'bayou 250
84'pw80
chi-com z-50''pitbull''
Old 08-30-2006, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokondon View Post
CDN,Im starting to think something is wrong in the design of the kehin.I think there are different slides available with a different cut around the air passage for the bottom of the slide?Or maybe the case induction gas gas design ports are to radical for a good idle?I dislike anything that dosnt idle it gets me pissed.Those trials bikes they make must idle or those guys probibly wouldnt ride them -right?My 01 ec250 is almost right but it still screws up and peeders out here and there.It likes to be super low or a tad to high.If i can get my hands on a MIC im going to try it unless i hear of a positive fix
Yes, my 280 trials bike will idle for hours and not load up or change rpm, but its a 28mm, not a big jug like on the 300. There are different slides and needles that will change things quite a bit. Search here (or I smackover) for more info. Its a fine line matching pilot and slide to get things working perfect in every rpm range and elevation, but you should get close sooner or later. For what its worth, I'm using the #7 slide,38 pilot, and N1EF needle for 1000' or less elevation. Its close and doesn't stall out idling once its warmed up. But it does do to putt putt mode after 15 secs or so of idling.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:48 AM

I'd also say its very dependent on the weather, and if you take the time to fine tune everything when the weather changes it will be consistant. My bike will ide well up to about 70 deg. F, when its warmer and more humid it stalls(at idle) eaiser. No big deal as response is very good and it pulls hard.

FWIW, I've played with the Mikuni on a Husky WR250. What I've noticed is that the air screw on a Mikuni seems to have more effect than on the Keihin. The bike stalls just as easy when its hot and humid in mid summer however.
The down side is that they are less flexible to tune. Les also told me that the Husky 250s run better with a Keihin conversion.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I was talking to Ron at RB-Designs about his keihin carb mod. He inserts a divider plate on the intake side - which, I think, would help the pilot circuit by increasing venturi effect.

I was talking to him about this and he told me that he also modifies the pilot circuit in the carb to make the carb work better. He wouldn't tell me what he does (it's his secret sauce).

jeff
Old 09-05-2006, 06:13 PM

Exclamation

What does that lean slide modification do that RB has listed on his site?I like how the head mod looks
71'CT70
72'Trail 90
06'bayou 250
84'pw80
chi-com z-50''pitbull''
Old 09-05-2006, 10:31 PM

Cool

I went to a # 9 slide(leaner) from a #7 on my 01 ec 300. It really seemed to clean up the richness on the low rpms. think about it- have you ever had a bike thats to lean on the bottom end drop in rpms? start your bike,shut off the gas and you will get the answer to this quiz. i'm not a jetting wiz-just a guy that gets out and rides a lot,and gets the opportunity to try lots of different combos in real world conditions. try it,there is very little to loose here.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Site Sponsor

The leaner the slide = a lower signal on the main jet nozzle. This reduces the fuel contribution from the main jet circuit at lower throttle settings.

Ron
Old 09-13-2006, 06:42 PM

Smile

Ron, thks for the explaination on the slide. It was the most noticeable improvement to my jetting issues ( way to slobering rich on the low end even with a 38 pilot in the bike). as someone on here mentioned though,as my carb has lots of hours on it, the jet needle may be worn out of spec. that aside,going to a leaner slide seems to clean up the bottom rpm range a bunch,as well as help the idle problems.