Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 AM

Default WTB Rekluse LHRB

Does anyone have one of these for sale. If not, where is the cheapest place to buy one?

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar

Old 07-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

You can build one yourself with a custom length brake hose attached to your clutch master cylinder. If you want to use both the pedal and the hand lever you need to buy an adapter to splice the hand master cylinder into the foot master cylinder. Those aren't cheap, but not too terrible. I'll look for the adapter, I know they are out there. Of course Rekluse sells one, but you are trying to go the other route.

Edit- Here's a link to a junction valve. You would need to contact Geoff directly to see if he makes one for your application. Since you have a 2011, the pictured valve won't work, but there is one available somewhere that will work.

http://www.gptechllc.com/products/gp-tech/thumbrakes
Old 07-10-2013, 10:42 AM

I have one off my 06. I've had it about a year. I took it off because I plan on selling the bike. It's the rekluse that come with a Magura master and eliminates the foot pedal. Rekluse doesn't make a dual action kit for GG that I know of. PM me if you're interested
Old 07-10-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
I have one off my 06. I've had it about a year. I took it off because I plan on selling the bike. It's the rekluse that come with a Magura master and eliminates the foot pedal. Rekluse doesn't make a dual action kit for GG that I know of. PM me if you're interested
It seems that Rekluse does offer a dual system, see below. Can you send me a photo maybe I can buy the adapter from Rekluse?

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 07-10-2013, 06:00 PM

Yep. those are the newer bicycle pump kits and have smaller lines and fittings. The older kits are not compatible with the new ones.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:20 PM

I run a custom LHRB on my KTM. I did a ton of research and found that many prefer the older system that Rekluse sold before they went to this new one. The main complaint with the new system is that you don't get enough power on the LHRB.

I ran a dual set up for awhile and never really used my clutch, so took off my clutch all together and love it.

To make yourself a custom one all you need is a brake line. Speigler can set you up with ease. Simply hook up your brake line from you clutch MC to your rear calliper. Back bleed the fluid and remover your rear brake pedal. Away you go.

It is awesome and the best part of having an auto-clutch. I'll never go back!
Old 09-01-2013, 01:12 PM

I have the new version, I have to say, I like it better then previous that uses the clutch style control/lever. Much easier to fit both levers on the bars (for me I must keep the clutch lever), and the braking force seems better with the new lever. Clean setup, but spendy.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAHOSPUD View Post
I have the new version, I have to say, I like it better then previous that uses the clutch style control/lever. Much easier to fit both levers on the bars (for me I must keep the clutch lever), and the braking force seems better with the new lever. Clean setup, but spendy.
Do you think the new Rekluse LH Master Cylinder would be able to supply enough power to run a Brembo dual piston rear brake caliper?
Old 09-08-2013, 08:48 AM

Exclamation Warning!!

I have to warn you against the new rekluse dual system.

http://rekluse.mybigcommerce.com/yam...model-fitment/

First off all, It's just a overpriced "Hayes" MTB brake master with a Rekluse logo.

Second, is the worst part, the dual action is optained by changing the lid of the original foot operated master to a new Rekluse lid with a thread to fit the brakeline from the LHRB.

That means when you use the LHRB you pressurize the original master from the top, and the brakefluid reservoir is NOT designed to take that kind of pressure!!

My friend fit the system on his GG 300 and it was actually working good, untill he while braking, heard a loud "POP" and the LHRB lost all pressure and his right boot was soked in brakefluid, the level check window in the foot master was gone leaving him with a big hole in his rear master..

Faster, Faster!!
Until the Thrill of Speed, Overcomes the Fear of Death..
Team YamaGas Racing.
http://bricksite.com/teamyamagasracing

Last edited by HenrikSchmidt; 09-18-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikSchmidt View Post
I have to warn you against the new rekluse dual system.

http://rekluse.mybigcommerce.com/yam...model-fitment/

First off all, It's just a overpriced "hope" MTB brake master with a Rekluse logo.

Second, is the worst part, the dual action is optained by changing the lid of the original foot operated master to a new Rekluse lid with a thread to fit the brakeline from the LHRB.

That means when you use the LHRB you pressurize the original master from the top, and the brakefluid reservoir is NOT designed to take that kind of pressure!!

My friend fit the system on his GG 300 and it was actually working good, untill he while braking, heard a loud "POP" and the LHRB lost all pressure and his right boot was soked in brakefluid, the level check window in the foot master was gone leaving him with a big hole in his rear master..
Thats sounds like a big mess. Thanks for the heads up, I think I will pass on the LHRB system for now.

―Comedian Lewis Black

-Unknown Sardaukar