Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:00 PM

Default Ec 300 power valve

Hi, just brought an ec 300 2006 model, first ride out and it has no top end power it just stops revving.

I've taken what I'm guessing is the power valve apart and found the bolt which attaches the arm to triangle piece has sheared off. It was still moving the triangle part but prob not properly.

To get the bolt out I had to pull the rod up and now it won't go fully back down as you can see in the picture. Any idea how or why it's stuck and where can I get power valve parts.

Hope this makes some sense.

Jonny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-12-2016, 09:20 PM

The other end is attached to a rotating arm on the centrifugal unit. Are you just feeling the spring pressure from the centrifugal unit or is it completely bound up? You could always pull the right side cover and check things out before putting too much pressure on that rod and bending it.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

The pin can be welded back on to the fulcrum lever.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:23 AM

If you pulled on the linkage arm with the bike upright you may have dislodged the ball bearings in the spring loaded centrifugal mechanism. This would bind up everything from the linkage arm down. If this is the case you will need to pull the inner clutch cover and pull apart the housing to get the ball bearings back into place.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob 'Berg View Post
If you pulled on the linkage arm with the bike upright you may have dislodged the ball bearings in the spring loaded centrifugal mechanism. This would bind up everything from the linkage arm down. If this is the case you will need to pull the inner clutch cover and pull apart the housing to get the ball bearings back into place.
I've said it before and I will say it again....please don't ask me how I know this. Some of the best lessons I have learned are the direct result of painful experiences.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:04 AM

Thanks for the replies, the rod doesn't push down at all now and pulls up about 10mm. Looks like I'm gonna have to take the gearbox cover off and inspect what I've done, are the ball bearings easy to put back?

Also do I need to drain the oil or can I lay the bike on its side.

Thanks.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:22 AM

Yes, it's all pretty simple. If you pull up hard on the rod without it being attached at the top, there is no mechanical stop to prevent it from being over-pulled. When it goes up (Green arrow), it rotates an arm (Pink arrow) that has a small knob that rides in the groove in the centrifugal unit (the part with the springs). If it is pulled to hard, you can dislodge that knob from the groove.

If you remove the bearing block (two red circles). You should be able to easily reposition that knob back into the groove.

I walked through the entire right side case and PV disassembly in the sticky at the top for the entire rebuild if the pictures help.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:33 AM

You could do it by laying the bike on the side and not drain the oil, however, to remove the right side crank case cover, you will need to drain the coolant. The water pump cover has a bolt that allows it to drain. If you have a clean container, you may be able to reuse it.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:08 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Maybe you could try lying the bike on the side and pulling on the lever. If you're lucky maybe the balls will reposition themselves.

If that works I would suggest you then lift the bike up near your ear and shake it to see if any of the balls fell out ... ;-)
Old 07-14-2016, 07:22 AM

Thanks for all the help, will see how I get on, just waiting for a mate to weld the bolt back to the fulcrum.

Cheers

Jonny.