Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:22 AM

Default 125 clutch basket

I recently bought a new basket for my 2005 125, but it was not as deep as the original. Did the older bikes have a sallower basket. Mine is a 2005 and holds 8 fibers and 7 steel plates. I can't find any partd lists for the older bikes on the web.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGas View Post
I recently bought a new basket for my 2005 125, but it was not as deep as the original. Did the older bikes have a sallower basket. Mine is a 2005 and holds 8 fibers and 7 steel plates. I can't find any partd lists for the older bikes on the web.
First, a question. Are you using the original clutch fiber plates and friction disks, or, did you get a new pack of plates and disks to go with the new basket. I'll explain my question below.

The clutch on the 125 is sort of touchy. I tried various configurations, mainly using all steel drive plates, instead of the combination of steel and aluminum. I was only able to make it work properly using the OEM GG configuration.

The 125 uses a different clutch than the larger bikes. (The 200's clutch basket has a different gear on the back, but otherwise it's clutch is the same as the larger bikes.) Make sure your replacement clutch disks & plates are not for the larger bikes.
(I recently saw an ebay seller's auction that claimed to be a clutch rebuild kit for the GasGas bikes. It only had 7 friction disks. )

The original clutch for the 125 Gasser had a combination of aluminum and steel drive plates. The friction plates were all the same.
The 2005 parts book lists them as being 3 "iron disks" and 4 aluminum disks. (In my memory, I thought it was 4 steel and 3 aluminum.)

If you download and look at the parts book, http://www.gasgasmotos.es/rcs/manual...emotorec05.zip , the 125 clutch is on one of the last pages of the book. (page 48 of 50)

BTW. I still have a new OEM GasGas 125 clutch pack in my stock; if anyone is interested.
(side note: The clutch push rod for the 125 is only a few dollars. The clutch push rod for the larger bikes is in the $35 range.)

Good Wrenching to You!

Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2005 EC125 Clutch parts list.jpg (43.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2005 EC125 Clutch.jpg (36.0 KB, 6 views)
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/