Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Probably feels more like a Pampera now than a race bike.
I have never rode a Pampera, but I have rode a 320 Trials bike. My bike is in no way like a trials bike with regards to revving. When it comes to traction, it is a bit like a trials bike where you can crack the throttle, instead of it doing a wheelie, it is a controlled increase to a scream. I don't know how to put it, but the throttle does not hesitate, but it is a more controlled rpm increase.

My 300 has a real bark, but it is smooth. It sure seems like you can carry a gear higher than normal in most places. It also idles my lower just sitting on the stand. I will not be taking that 24oz flywheel weight off anytime soon.

I am an average Open B rider for hare scrambles. I am not the fastest guy around, but I do like to keep up.

Ortonville Minnesota

Old 04-30-2013, 09:52 AM

The 300s have more of that off idle bark and slower reving character anyway. 250s need a lot less weight IMO, or they don't respond as well to the clutch. Of course its all personal preferance. I'm in the 2K-2/G2 throttle camp. Have you tried a G2?
Old 04-30-2013, 04:08 PM

I am in the wide open throttle or no throttle camp LOL. I doubt a G2 cam system would work for me.
Ortonville Minnesota
Old 04-30-2013, 04:12 PM

If you like wot you'll love a g2! It goes both ways not just slower cam profiles but faster cam profiles as well. This is an awesome product!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:49 AM

S3 Weight

Thought I would post the listing for the flywheel weight. I am still a believer. Wouldn't trade that weight out.

I rode with the intention of staying smooth and to notice how the weight affected the bike. I could notice it coming out of the corners the most. I could feel it everywhere else as well.

I don't know what the case was the other night, but I had the best/fastest ride of my life last week with it on. I would imagine it was a combination of the focus on riding smooth, but the flywheel weight really seemed to make it hook up and allow for that smooth riding. By best ride, I was able to keep my riding partner in sight for 4 laps, usually I am getting lapped at 4-5 laps on my 8 minute course.

Here is a video of my little brother riding the course that I rode while testing the flywheel weight. YouTube Video Keep in mind the conditions of this ride was 90% good traction 10% icy dirt, and you will see where that happened!
Ortonville Minnesota
Old 05-06-2013, 10:35 PM

I think Dustin is on to something. He is normally a mistake a corner kind of guy totally over riding his bike every chance he gets. He's like 245lbs of solid muscle so why not try an kill your bike. He likes to pick his bike up off the ground alot, or so I thought. Dustin threw on this weight to see what effect it would have on the bike and it was imediately noticable to not only to him but to me. Almost instantly the mistakes he was normally making over and over again we suddenly gone. He started riding much smoother and longer making less than 1/4 of the mistakes he was making before. I haven't gotten a chance to try one yet but I am really curious. I think this added weight would fit my riding style very well. I like to be as smooth as possible on the bikes. My idea of riding the correct way is to #1 Don't crash! #2 Carry your momentum. Obviously this weight had a very positive affect on Dustins riding. I want to try one!

Brian
Old 05-07-2013, 08:03 AM

Well it probably slows everything down a lot, like a dig damper for the motor. I could see where if your timing is off or your to aggressive in the wrong place it will give you time to catch up. 300s have a lot of juice off the bottom though, try one on a 250 and see if you think its as good. Also in really tight, sandy corners, where momentum is tough to keep.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I have seen flywheel of this enormous size before. A friend stuck one on his KDX. That bike would not stall. It has amazing pulling power, and didn't seem to rev Pitt any slower than before. Could be a fun addition.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 05-07-2013, 10:13 AM

I think the fact that it already has the bigger flywheel to begin with, it takes a large weight to take it to the next level as far as smoothing the engine. There are 2 very sandy corners and another slow off camber sand corner on another course that I had no trouble with, with the flywheel weight.
Ortonville Minnesota
Old 06-15-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
Just got in some flywheel weights from my friends at S3 in Girona, Spain. I must have used the conversion chart wrong as I thought they would be 8 ounce weights. I grabbed one and holy crap for big n heavy! 23 ounces!!!!

Apparently in Europe they sell alot of these. Anyone interested or should i send back?

THANK YOU MARK for not sending these back.

Rode 50 miles of single track yesterday in altitudes from 2000' - 4700'. The flywheel wt was AWESOME (IMO).

Riding location: Taneum ORV Trails in Cascade Mtns (WA State)
http://cascadesingletrack.com/Wenatc...eum/trail.html
Hard packed trails, tree roots, rocks, some loose material and very dusty.

It really stopped that somewhat hard hit the 300 motor has. Did not affect the powerband at all.
I also have a G2 throttle with the 400 Cam to ease into the powerband
I am running 13-48 sprockets
Mainly rode in 3rd to 4th gear all day long.
Max speed = 59 mph
Ave speed = 16 mph

Coming out of the corners and getting on the throttle was very smooth and had no hesitation.

This is a keeper and would recommend if you have a 300 and want to smooth it out a bit more!!!

Last edited by StuJohnson; 06-15-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: added website