Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:55 AM

Default 04 300ec Dynoed and finally sorted ...

Lately my 04 300ec has been doing its best to chuck me off into the bushes at every opportunity.

Its been either on off throttle nothing or throttle barrppppp. The idle has been poor so has the fuel range.

So there is a chap here near Northampton who is recognised as one of the best in building and setting up 2 stroke scooters .... PT Tuning. He does a lot
of development work for the likes of Vespa and Piaggio in Italy also has his own barrels cast in Italy.

Anyway the bike went in there with 21hp and the rear wheel and come out with 34 at the rear wheel

There was a few problems the pin that secures the float arm was very worn both ways so the fuel level was never at the correct level hence the bottom /middle / top power was very erratic. This was reamed out and a new pin fitted. The spark plug that GG recommends was breaking down at medium to high revs ... sorted now and no iridium in sight !!!

The exhaust was kinked right at the neck were it come out the head hardly noticeable but this made a extra 6hp !!! new standard pipe fitted now ....

The main jet has gone down from 178 to 155 and a external power jet has been fitted you can now adjust for richer or leaner at a twist of a small brass knob ... In total he used 13 ltrs of 99 ron fuel on setting it up holding it at one point flat out for over a min

I cannot describe how bloody fast it is ... right from idle all the way through no bogging no hesitation just loads of strong snappy power in any gear. Last weekend in the Isle of Man i seen 93 mph on GPS she was singing

I dare say a lot of you will say were is the 50hp quoted , well a lot of manufactures use a dyno were point A to point B is measured then it calculates a power figure , Charlies dyno is a dynojet and does it with rear wheel hp and i used a trails tyres with all the knobbles cut off so smooth as

At the end of the day its how the bike goes and rides and I can say its awesome now

Old 10-13-2014, 11:10 AM

That's looking good mate. I'm looking for some one to do some dyno work on my EC300 SM, and Northampton's not too far away. Was it expensive?
Old 10-13-2014, 11:27 AM

and from 2000rpm to 4000rpm?
It's important too.
Brasil!
Old 10-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Would you mind saying what spark plug your using now then?
Old 10-13-2014, 03:22 PM

Plug wise its a NGK B8EGV that's all i can see ATM without taking the plug out.

I left the bike with him as he is always very very busy and he said bring it full using Tesco,s ultimate that's his 1st choice. Ive got a Clark 11 ltr tank. When I picked it up after the 1st session he had used 9 ltrs he said he wa on it a day.

I took it home and replaced the front pipe with a new standard one and new rad cap as the other was week and water was peeing out under full chat. And I cut all the knobbles off my trails tyre as it had ripped all the centre knobbles off lol.

Dropped it back off with him and he spent a bit dialling the fuel in with the power jet saying it wanted a lot more fuel as the pipe was kinked very slightly but kinked. Cost wise pm me and I will tell you. It was not cheep but if u include 100 sheets for a pipe and the way it runs and now its bang on im happy.