Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

The M will be leaner only on the diameter of the needle which will work in conjunction with the pilot and only effect the running below 1/4 throttle.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
The M will be leaner only on the diameter of the needle which will work in conjunction with the pilot and only effect the running below 1/4 throttle.
So, if I read that chart correctly and what you have above, would trying one of the CGL needles be better?

I think my main target is to lean things out to the 1/2 throttle point. How does the lean to rich 1/4 to 3/4 throttle scale work as it relates to the needles? Do you move up and to the right to get leaner in that section of the throttle response?
Old 01-24-2014, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

The lean -> rich 1/4 to 3/4 relates to both the taper and the length, as they both have an effect in this area. The length is just a clip positon change, so if using a CGL you would run it in the same clip, and it should run similar, however the taper is leaner, meaning as you open the throttle more, it will begin to lean off more aggressively from the diameter.

My suggestion would be that if you want to go that path, purchase a few different ones and spend the time testing.

Speaking of testing, what (if anything) have you tried with your current setup? Have you tried lifting the clip one pos?
Old 01-26-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Speaking of testing, what (if anything) have you tried with your current setup? Have you tried lifting the clip one pos?
Thanks Jakobi...it's slowly starting to sink in..lol.

I replaced the 42 pilot with a 40 this weekend, though I haven't had a chance to ride the bike yet (dealing with a fuel tank issue ). My plan of action is to test the 40 pilot and see how she does.

If I'm still getting a fair amount of drool from the pipe, I'm going to switch the needle from #2 to #1 and see how that goes. Given that's the leanest setting on the needle, my next step would be to look at a slightly leaner needle to try...hence all the questions
Old 01-27-2014, 11:03 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I'm running the same bike here in New England and I am running a 40 pilot but am also using a JD kit. I don't think anything I've done has help the drool coming out of the pipe
Old 01-27-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj56 View Post
I'm running the same bike here in New England and I am running a 40 pilot but am also using a JD kit. I don't think anything I've done has help the drool coming out of the pipe
As soon as I have a chance to test the bike, I'll report back and let you know what I find.

Out of curiosity, which JD needle are you running and where? And more importantly, what's your typical elevation and temp range?

Given your location, the temps right now probably aren't conducive to riding though...lol.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2day View Post
Thanks Jakobi...it's slowly starting to sink in..lol.

I replaced the 42 pilot with a 40 this weekend, though I haven't had a chance to ride the bike yet (dealing with a fuel tank issue ). My plan of action is to test the 40 pilot and see how she does.

If I'm still getting a fair amount of drool from the pipe, I'm going to switch the needle from #2 to #1 and see how that goes. Given that's the leanest setting on the needle, my next step would be to look at a slightly leaner needle to try...hence all the questions
try one thing at a time, or you won't be able to tell what made it better or worse... that PJ might make a difference allready! more snap! :-)
Old 01-29-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2day View Post
Given your location, the temps right now probably aren't conducive to riding though...lol.

What are you talking about we have an enduro next week.
I'm running the red needle in the second from top position and most of the riding is right around sea level to slightly higher when we ride in the hills.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj56 View Post
What are you talking about we have an enduro next week.
I'm running the red needle in the second from top position and most of the riding is right around sea level to slightly higher when we ride in the hills.
LOL - what part of New England? I figured the crazy freezing temps heading east right now would make it too cold to ride. My buddy in WI send me a pic yesterday - -6 degrees on his drive to work Polar vortex won't do our 2Ts any good.

At least the cold air is nice and dense - she'll make good power

Need to get out and test the leaner pilot and then it'd be a clip leaner on the needle. We'll see....
Old 01-30-2014, 06:17 AM

60th year of the Netra Snow Run in CT. Feb. 9th. Only time it gets postponed is when it's too warm. I've been stupid enough to take my bike out in -9?F one year. I was much younger and dumber then.