Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 01-14-2018, 02:56 PM

Default Gas Gas 2018 EC250 Six Days

First ride the other day, 70km.

Brilliant bike - balanced, pokey motor (if geared a little tall at 13/48), very well suspended, light & great ergos (6'2", 92kg otb).

Have been personalising it (TuBliss, etc) the last few days on & off in the shed and the fit and finish is as good as KTM or Beta as far as I can see. Some of the wiring does look a little budget, however. Remains to be seen how it holds up.

Airbox is much improved in terms of both volume & sealing. E-start worked in or out of gear all ride. Have plonked an NEDW in it (with stock 42/175) & will drop gearing to 13/50 for my terrain.

So far, very impressed.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new purchase. Just a little jelly.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:58 PM

PS, just out of interest the bike gave a squish figure of 2.05mm & blew 186psi cold.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new purchase. Just a little jelly.
Thanks Jake - you would know me previously as Katokonvert from DBW.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibnut View Post
Thanks Jake - you would know me previously as Katokonvert from DBW.
Yep yep! Been following your updates over there too! I must say I like your choice of model and capacity. If I was in the position to upgrade it'd be where I'd be looking too.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:34 PM

Oi Gibber how does it go for your size/weight? I'm an inch or 2 taller than ya & probably 110kg+ RTR so just curious how it is for bigger blokes(opposed to ktm/beta).

What did 250 set ya back on road?
Old 01-14-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
Oi Gibber how does it go for your size/weight? I'm an inch or 2 taller than ya & probably 110kg+ RTR so just curious how it is for bigger blokes(opposed to ktm/beta).

What did 250 set ya back on road?
Shawbagga, it feels bigger than a Beta straight up. Taller for sure, longer seat, too. The 'bar was set in the near position & I moved it to the furthest away mount holes. I also switched the offset lower clamp to the forward position.

It's interesting that this just about gets my 'bar end in line with the fork caps - where I like it to be comfy in standing attack. The stock 'bar has a fairly overgenerous (imho) 55mm sweep, so I roll it forward. Now the bike is comfy as.

Re price - pretty much no deals as the bike's are new & in demand. I just got a couple of things chucked in for nix is all. Worth every penny so far.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibnut View Post
Shawbagga, it feels bigger than a Beta straight up. Taller for sure, longer seat, too. The 'bar was set in the near position & I moved it to the furthest away mount holes. I also switched the offset lower clamp to the forward position.

It's interesting that this just about gets my 'bar end in line with the fork caps - where I like it to be comfy in standing attack. The stock 'bar has a fairly overgenerous (imho) 55mm sweep, so I roll it forward. Now the bike is comfy as.

Re price - pretty much no deals as the bike's are new & in demand. I just got a couple of things chucked in for nix is all. Worth every penny so far.
Good stuff man. Hope they bring out a new starter for next year, be my only concern(hopefully yours holds up!)
Old 01-15-2018, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

Get a 200 Craig! You know you wants one.

The one I sat on felt similar in height to my 2013 model, maybe a tad taller but I wasn't geared up and only had pluggers on instead of boots. Felt very familiar. Haven't had one in motion yet, should really go see Deano.. I don't want to know what I'm missing though!
Old 01-15-2018, 04:15 AM

Sorry, Jakobi, but - a lot.

Not before time, the bike has been put in a sling-shot to 2018 - lighter, more agile, more power ('18 300 compared to '13 300) & better suspension, obviously.

They are more Beta-KTM in ergos/feel but the motor still sounds & rides like a Gas Gas.