Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:39 PM

Default 2004 ec300

First off, how's it goin' everyone! First post here but I've been lurking for a while. Have a 280 Pro that I love and am looking to get an EC for some beginning racing (HH and enduro) as well as having a 'smaller bike' (see the sig line). Wanted a link rear and 6 speed box (KTM doesn't do those together) and something a little different. My 280 makes me appreciate the GG product so an EC seems like a no-brainer.

Money is tight (of course) so I've been watching and waiting but now think I may have found a good deal. Going tomorrow to check it out ('04 300) and was looking for anything telltale to watch out for. I'm very mechanically inclined so motor stuff doesn't phase me but just because I can do it doesn't mean that I want to do. Got too many projects as it is.

The current owner sounds like a good guy (around 40-50?), got it for his son about 4 years ago and says they rode it 5 times in the first year + and it's been sitting since (last three years). Has a plate up front rather than a light what looks to be a 19" rear, FMF pipe but stock other than that.

I weigh 205 (no gear) and stand 6'4 but really like a small chassis I can move under me (trials background) and don't sit much. I'll likely need new springs (maybe have a Ohlins in house that will work) but am hoping that and a good go through is all it'll need.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Old 11-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

they are very good bikes... look it over like you would any used dirt bike..
fmf pipe and turbine core were stock on mine..(2001 300)
i really thought all ec's had 18's and mc's had 19's, hopefully some else will chime in on that.. in the 2 or so years i have had mine it has been as reliable as an anvil.. so i started looking for a gg trials... 2002 txt 200 pro..

hope you get it..
jay
Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 PM

My first Gas Gas was an 04 EC300. I raced it sucessfully in hare scrambles for four years before getting an 08 EC300. I sold it to a friend who is still riding it. Very good motorcycle. No complaints.