Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:23 AM

Default Knuckle Buster Enduro, Greenville MI

Here's the race report from the Overall Winner:

Race Report - KnuckleBuster Enduro 2012
Hey Everyone! It's been a busy few weeks since I wrote last, I started working full time now that I've been home so that has taken up a lot of my time. This past weekend Dad and I travelled to Greenville Michigan for the District 14 KnuckleBuster Enduro. It was Dad's favorite last year, so he finally lined up for his first race of the year!
We had an extremely busy day packing Saturday and we got sort of a late start on the road, thankfully Greenville is only about 3.5 hours North. We finally go on the road midafternoon and arrived around 8pm. We parked by our great friends the Mikels and spent most of the evening relaxing and talking.
Sunday morning Dad and I finally got signed up. Dad picked row 33 and I chose row 34. I was really excited to get to finally race with Dad again as that's where it all started. This is one of the few time keeping enduros we attend which is exciting because I love the thinking aspect but also feel at a disadvantage because I don't have a computer.
The day started off sort of slow as I posted mediocre times in the first few tests. No real reason why, I just think I wasn't used to such silty soil compared to our extremely hard packed dirt at home. Eventually I started to get in my groove and posted some really good times as the day went on, but the dust sort of kept my speed at bay. Depending on how long the sections were and how often I caught people I could push pretty good and was feeling pretty comfortable in the silt. Dad was riding great all day, I was pretty impressed with how he stepped it up on the terrain he liked.
The name of the game all day was going into sections early, basically a gamble on how early you wanted to go in and risk a burn if there is an in-check. I don't really like when they set it up this way because it definitely puts people without computers and people who go into sections when they are supposed to at a disadvantage. I went in as early as I was comfortable, but it definitely cost me time in the earlier sections. Dad actually went into one section a little earlier than he planned because his odometer was broken, but there ended up not being an in check so he came out of the section with a great time!
The last few short sections were technical with lots of roots and rocks which is definitely something Dad and I enjoy. It showed in our results, after a long protest period due to some problems with scores in multiple classes, Dad and I both came away with wins! Dad finished first in Super Senior A and I got my second ever 1st Overall!!!!!!!!!! Dad actually posted a score that would have put him around 11th or 12th overall, which is really awesome!
I'd like to thank my great sponsors who've stuck behind me: www.perkinsvillepowersports.com, Floyd Farms Racing, Steve Comer Farms, AS Racing, ServiceMaster Clean of Anderson, Throttle Jockey/ GRAPHICS LAB, www.kerlintrailers.com, Enduro Engineering, www.unabiker.com, and IndyMoto.

Jesse Warner #165

Note: Revised results placed me (mcnut) 10th overall. I think that's my best overall finish ever! Not too bad for an old fat guy.