Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andykr87 View Post
Two yrs ago that enduro was awesome in the rain. Bring on the rain!!!
Must have had an early number...

Moto Farm motor and suspension service 309 310 2540 leave a message
www.halls-cycles.com

Old 09-05-2012, 11:33 AM

Row 6 two years ago. Got row 11 this yr. Ive rode too many mudders on late rows. We always try to sign up super early.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
http://mostateparks.com/event/59273/...ational-enduro

Says the park opens at noon the day of the event.
Thanks.I see your from St.Louis also,ride St.Joe much?
Old 09-06-2012, 09:33 AM

[QUO We always try to sign up super early.[/QUOTE]

Thought we did this year,we were on it!
Got 22. Hope We dont get rundover!
Moto Farm motor and suspension service 309 310 2540 leave a message
www.halls-cycles.com
Old 09-10-2012, 08:34 PM

How did everyone hold up? I had a blast! The trail was really challenging but the rain really made it primo. Singletracker (Neal) was riding really good on the same row! Alot of gasgas representing there! My bro bought one sunday from clay so im excited to have him join the movement.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
How did everyone hold up? I had a blast! The trail was really challenging but the rain really made it primo. Singletracker (Neal) was riding really good on the same row! Alot of gasgas representing there! My bro bought one sunday from clay so im excited to have him join the movement.
Must have been your bro that loaned me the gas cap gasket- Thanks again, certainly appreciated it. I ended 5th in the C50+. Awesome trail and conditions. I think there were 3 other Gassers in my class.
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 09-11-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
I rode O.K., but Andy pretty well kicked my butt. I had two of the hardest crashes that I've had for a long time in the first two miles of the race. I'm still feeling it all over. The trails were primo though.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
Thanks.I see your from St.Louis also,ride St.Joe much?
Quite a bit. Unfortunately the single track that makes up much of the enduro is not normally accessible.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Short version:

Since '08 I have averaged riding my dirt bike <1X per year (sad, but true) for alot of reasons I won't bore everyone with. I have always liked this race, so I chose it for my "comeback." I got all the old, gummy pre-mix out of my bike, put on a fresh back tire & a few other fresh items & drove up there (I'm from Memphis). I got there early enough Sat. to ride the 2013 KTM 250 XC--nice bike!

I decided to ride the race nice & smooth & not try too hard, I'm too out of practice. I got lost between miles 2 & 3--went from mile marker 2 to #16--even I knew that wasn't right! & lost several minutes relocating the trail. After that I just relaxed & had fun. I was on row 17, so I got to see some REAL FINE dirt bike riding when the pros from the next few rows would blow by me in every section. I could tell that Charlie Mullins was riding faster & more aggressively than everyone else, so I'm not surprised he won.

Even though I'm pretty fit--I ride pedal bikes with some of the local racer boys, & do some little sprint triathlons--it's not the same as dirt bike riding; by the 5th section, I was tired! I was ready to do something else by then.

So I finished, had fun & didn't get hurt. I finished 22d or something like that in 50+B, but at least I beat a couple of guys & I know what I need to work on if I can find time to do another--I'm thinking hard about Maplesville, I've always enjoyed that 1 too. I remember riding it in 1976 or so, on my 1975 KTM, so it will be like stepping back in time for me.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWMAN View Post
Short version:

Since '08 I have averaged riding my dirt bike <1X per year (sad, but true) for alot of reasons I won't bore everyone with. I have always liked this race, so I chose it for my "comeback." I got all the old, gummy pre-mix out of my bike, put on a fresh back tire & a few other fresh items & drove up there (I'm from Memphis). I got there early enough Sat. to ride the 2013 KTM 250 XC--nice bike!

I decided to ride the race nice & smooth & not try too hard, I'm too out of practice. I got lost between miles 2 & 3--went from mile marker 2 to #16--even I knew that wasn't right! & lost several minutes relocating the trail. After that I just relaxed & had fun. I was on row 17, so I got to see some REAL FINE dirt bike riding when the pros from the next few rows would blow by me in every section. I could tell that Charlie Mullins was riding faster & more aggressively than everyone else, so I'm not surprised he won.

Even though I'm pretty fit--I ride pedal bikes with some of the local racer boys, & do some little sprint triathlons--it's not the same as dirt bike riding; by the 5th section, I was tired! I was ready to do something else by then.

So I finished, had fun & didn't get hurt. I finished 22d or something like that in 50+B, but at least I beat a couple of guys & I know what I need to work on if I can find time to do another--I'm thinking hard about Maplesville, I've always enjoyed that 1 too. I remember riding it in 1976 or so, on my 1975 KTM, so it will be like stepping back in time for me.
Hey Lawman,

Glad you came up for the Leadbelt. We truly enjoy working on our enduro whether is local or national. I had to reply when you mentioned 76 in Maplesville. I rode all of the isde qualifiers in the 70s at the Perry MTN site. Same thing as you? The trails are awesome and wish I could make the November race. Have fun if you go!