Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 10-26-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscook View Post
Get those guys a microphone!
From what I've read about these...They are similar to a Predator Carb, of yesteryear. A lot guys used them in many hi-performance applications(both racing & nonrace). They basically only delivered as much fuel as an engine could pull, up to 950cfm.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:16 PM

Very nice. Notice the lack of external lines, cast in no doubt. I'm in for the 38 ASAP.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

I'd love to see some footage of the bike running at different stages. Idling, part throttle, light throttle, underload. Its easy to supply fuel to a 2T on song with any old carb. I'm particularly interested in how an engine responds to smaller throttle applications. If they could do some back to back footage with different dial settings to show how much a few clicks can vary, and how the bike responds when set too lean it would be major selling points.

I'm all for a 38mm as soon as they're available, but am remaining somewhat skeptical until I get to see one in action myself or start hearing feedback from more unaffiliated sources.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:49 PM

Girard is not affiliated, he paid full for the billet carb. Knows his way around motors and is also an "A" rider. If he says its a good thing its a good thing.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah I never implied he was Thus the 'more'.. The positive is that there seems to be quite a few people who have pulled the trigger even on the billet versions so more feedback should be flowing in very shortly!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:58 AM

Just wonder how a divider plate would work in one of those with enhanced low end. Kinda like a RB designs/Smart carb hybrid.

Really interested in low end torque improvements.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:19 AM

I think the nature of the venturi makes the plate not applicable in the way it works in the PWK. Even there the add on ones like the power now were BS on my bikes, did nothing but mess the jetting up a bit.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:46 PM

WOW I just read all 17 pages of this thread and......IF they have one for my 08 Husky CR165 to replace the stock Mikuni I want one now .
Old 11-01-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I think the nature of the venturi makes the plate not applicable in the way it works in the PWK. Even there the add on ones like the power now were BS on my bikes, did nothing but mess the jetting up a bit.
That is correct. The divider plate is intended to keep the airflow concentrated underneath the slide in the lower throttle positions. The problem with that is it again causes funky transitional problems as the carburetor is working it's way through the circuits. The shape of the SmartCarb's venturi accomplishes this effect to a very high degree and no divider is necessary.

Best,

Corey
Old 11-01-2012, 12:18 PM

So would you say if I had an RB design modded carb and moved to something like this I would have at least as much low end torque?