Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:59 PM

Default Which Pipe/Silencer Combination

Hi, ive got 2 EC250 SM's one has a Messico front pipe and a DEP Silencer the other has a FMF Gnarly and a FMF Powercore II Silencer so this is what i have available. I am looking for mid/top end power, i understand front pipe wise a Messico, Doma or DEP pipe are the best for this, some say that the fatty is too and some say the fatty is just like the gnarly (which i dont like) anyone got any expierience with fatty and gnarly ?

Silencer wise i havnt got a clue what best any suggestions? Also whats the difference between a spark arrester and one that isnt? I use my bike on the road so what best for me? Do they make a doma silencer ? is it any good?

Im just looking for the best combination to shift my power more towards top end, im pulling my hair out !! help

Thanks in advance

Dhyllan

Boyesen Pro Series Reeds, Messico & Modified FMF TC II, Black Powdercoated Wheels & Hubs, Red Renthal Fatbars, Polisport Handguards, 4 POT Brembo Front Brake W/ Floating Rotor

Want:
Doma,Messico Or 06 GG Front Pipe, RB Carb & Head Mod, DE250, XC250 Or EC200 CDI
(If you have any of these parts PM me!)

Old 01-28-2009, 10:19 AM

For top end. SPES or Doma. I think they might be made by the same company. Both a super smooth and have never ending top end. Yes the new FMF knally and the Fatty are now bassically the same, but the latest build (07 and newer) of the FMF pipe are closer to the doma as far as power. If you are using it for Super Moto, I would go with the Doma. For off road the Doma is pretty thin and crushes easily. Oh and the Doma will work with he FMF silencers. They are tight fits though.

Brian
Old 01-28-2009, 10:25 AM

The spark arrestors are basically a device that won't allow sparks or flames to exit the exhaust. They are required for public land in the US. To me they cut power down just a touch off the bottom but allow the bike to pull as well up top. (Two Strokes Only) For four strokes it completely kills the power IMO. As far as (sound) db. A FMF turbine core runs about 91-93 db. The legal limit for offroad races is 96 db I believe. A shorty will run closer to 98 - 100 db.

Brian
Old 01-28-2009, 10:34 AM

I spent some more time on the Bike with the SPES pipe on it. Seems like it hits moreviolently thant the FMF. I had to make a relief cut in the FMF muffler to get the SPES to slide into it.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:54 AM

Thanks for the responce guys, ill go for a Doma front pipe but they are hard to source in the UK. Has anyone at all had any experience of a DEP front pipe, as they are very easy to get in the UK ?? Silencer wise shall i stick with the powercore 2 with the spark arrestor? i do like the build quality of FMF very impressive. Is there any other silencers that can offer me more top end power (noise isnt a issue). I am more than prepared to pay the money needed but want ot make the best choice!

Boyesen Pro Series Reeds, Messico & Modified FMF TC II, Black Powdercoated Wheels & Hubs, Red Renthal Fatbars, Polisport Handguards, 4 POT Brembo Front Brake W/ Floating Rotor

Want:
Old 01-29-2009, 07:56 AM

Ive narrowed the front pipe down to either Doma, SPES or DEP. Silencer wise either keep my Powercore 2, DEP, Doma if they do one or a different one out of the FMF range? not too sure about silencers. thanks

Want:
Old 01-29-2009, 10:06 AM

I sent you a PM but if you could find a cross over from another 250 2 stroke the FMF shorty is the loudest and most free flowing I think you could ever get away with on a 2 stroke.
Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:48 AM

Can you get doma silencers? and has anyone at all had any experience of the DEP ?!!

Want: