Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default GasGas Factory Visit

Has anyone been to the GG factory in Spain (Salt?). Does anyone know if they offer tours? I'll be near Barcelona this Summer, and would like to tour the factory. I sent an Email (the info address listed on the factory website), but have not yet heard back.

I did a Googlemap search using the factory address, but the aerial view didn't look like the picture on the GG homepage.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:16 PM

All the fancy European car companies have arrive and drive programs, where you can go to europe and pick up your car and drive it around then they send it back to hte states for you.

GAS GAS is in the middle of spains Enduro country isn't it?? I think they are missing the boat. They should have a "Tour Group" that lets people go over and check out the factory and do week long off road rides in spain. Set the group up with lots of different bikes so each rider can check out the different models over the course of the week. Bet that would be a good way to get someriders (ones that could afford european vacations anyway) on their bikes!!!
Old 03-30-2007, 07:50 AM
Site Sponsor

Default GasGas connection?

Skid,

When are you going to be there? We know the raceteam manager pretty well and the head 2-stroke engineer. I talk to the race team manager about once per week via e-mail.....maybe I could help you set something up through him? Let me know your dates and I'll see what we can come up with. Shoot me a private email if you like.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz11 View Post
Has anyone been to the GG factory in Spain (Salt?). Does anyone know if they offer tours? I'll be near Barcelona this Summer, and would like to tour the factory. I sent an Email (the info address listed on the factory website), but have not yet heard back.

I did a Googlemap search using the factory address, but the aerial view didn't look like the picture on the GG homepage.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi Blitz,
I went to the GG factory in 2005. It is about 40 miles from Barcelona in Girona and an easy drive. I met and chatted with Narcis Casis for about an hour and they gave me a tour. I also met the American kid they hired from Magnetti Mareli that redesigned the FSE engine. When I asked about the tour they said they do it all the time.
Try Amanda at this email address, tell her a friend of Narcis' sent you.
Amanda [officegg@gasgasmotos.es]
I also sent them a picture of my 4 Bultaco Fronteras and 2 EC 300s, all of which Narcis designed.
Regards,
Dennis
Old 05-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default GG Factory Tour

Hi Dennis,

Thanks. That is terrific information. Mark from GoFasters is helping set up this tour. I have a number of product design, development, and manufacturing questions to ask.

I have had my 2002 DE300 for about 2 months, but only last week have been able to work on it/ ride it. I love riding the bike. I am sold on the brand. I'd love to see how they do it. I was comfortable the first time I was on it.

I'd also really like to help them with fastener selection. I am not sure how the bike was treated before i bought it, but I am really disappointed with the level of corrosion, head sizes, etc., with nuts, bolts, etc. They don't use much thread treatment, either (LocTite, Never-seize, etc.), and the galvanized finish doesn't do it. They should invest in nickel, zinc chromate or Dacromet plated fasteners. My daughter's KTM of the same year has no issues that way. The KTM looks brand new, while the Gasser looks worse for wear than my 1971 bmw (which also has all the original fasteners). I think just the appearance hurts resale value. The bike rides fresh, but looks worn out.

If my only complaint so far is fastener selection, GG is doing great. I hope the tour convinces the missus that the continued "investment" in this sport is a wise choice. Hopefully seeing the factory and feeling the vibe will help.

Thanks for your kind advice.

blitz