Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-08-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Smoke from Vents

I have noticed lately that both the vents on my bike emit a little smoke when I am warming the bike up. The vent on the right p/v area runs up, the one on the left down and like I said they both puff out some smoke when I am warming the bike up with the choke on. Is this normal?

Paul B

Old 04-08-2007, 09:09 PM

Yes, perfectly normal. The smoke from the right side actually vents through the PV bearing. This vent also functions as a trans vent. If you notice, the trans oil will darken quicker if the bike is running rich, because a small amount of spooge oil makes its way into the trans through the PV rod opening under the right cover.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:19 PM

Thanks Glen, you rock! Hope your bike comes in soon, here in Western Washington spring and fall are my favorite times of the year to ride.

Paul B
Old 04-09-2007, 07:44 AM

No problem, glad to help. Yeah, I'm getting a little anxious. Already missed a couple races and rides. Heard they are in the warehouse since last week, no word yet but it shouldn't take that long to ship.