Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Question about YZ Kickstarter

Can I replace the kickstarter with a YZ Kickstarter arm only or do I need to replace the entire assembley? The stop on the current GG is worn allowing it to droop and I thought this would be a good time to try the YZ one.

Thanks

Old 08-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The entire assembly. I had once thought of purchasing a bbr kick arm with the yamaha knuckle. But, Yamaha lists the knuckle seperately on their parts fiche - but no longer sells it seperately.

A friend had to put a small shim behind his yz kicker to space it out a tad. This was to get it to clear the crd frame guards - others just bolt it on...

To prevent (or sometimes repair) the oem kickstarter from "folding back" - one can drill and tap a steel screw where the aluminum contacts the steel knuckle. Use a thread locking agent and then grind the screw off flush after installation.

jeff
Old 08-24-2007, 11:37 AM

I have used the HTS-2000 brazing rods to rebuild several worn brake pedals and shifters to like new condition with great success. I see no reason I cannot do the same for a worn out starter lever. If someone sends me one for an attempted fix I will send it back if successful for you to test. I just want to see how durable this stuff is.

I do agree 100% the YZ part is better, but its cool to be able to fix stuff like this in an hour that would normally be trash.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:01 PM

Go to the parts cross over section on the main page and get the YZ part number. I just put one on my 07 the other night. I think the YZ kicker cost me $95.