Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Riding Techniques & Training

Riding Techniques & Training Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:44 AM

Default Rekluse technique

I'm probably going to get a bike with a Rekluse and no clutch lever. How do you get round the problem of needing to hoist the front from very low speed, walking pace speed, to get the front over an obstacle like a log or something?

Old 06-15-2008, 10:51 AM

Why not just leave the clutch lever on & have an override? I don't have any trouble getting my front wheel up from an idle by just leaning back & whacking the throttle open, but I'm a big man & my size & weight my have something to do with that.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:02 PM

I'd keep the clutch lever. If you accidentally go WFO you'll be reaching for it.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:21 AM

As it stands it doesn't have a clutch lever or foot brake. I can refit them but was intending to try it without initially. I like the idea of the rear brake on the left hand but I do feel nervous about no clutch.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:38 AM

I would not ride it without a clutch lever for over ride. A GasGas with a stuck throttle and no clutch over ride could be disastrous.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric K View Post
I would not ride it without a clutch lever for over ride. A GasGas with a stuck throttle and no clutch over ride could be disastrous.
No shite ! A single cable throttle too. Not so much a worry on a 4T with dual push/pull throttle.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:26 PM

That's the beauty of the Rekluse - you don't need to clutch it to get the front end up. Just twist the throttle and give a little tug on the bars. I can be completely stopped, standing on the pegs and then just take off with the front wheel immediately in the air without touching the clutch lever.

That said, I would leave an override on the bike as a safety precaution.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancp5 View Post
As it stands it doesn't have a clutch lever or foot brake. I can refit them but was intending to try it without initially. I like the idea of the rear brake on the left hand but I do feel nervous about no clutch.
I've been riding with friends for 7 years with the LHRB set up an no clutch override and have never seen a time when their throttle stuck wide open and crashed off in the woods. I'm not saying it couldn't happen anything is possible but with the benifits of the LHRB I chose to take that chance. It took me about a 100 mi. of riding to get use to it thou. I set mine up with both the hand and foot brake until I was fully weened off the foot brake.

As for poppen the front wheel up it is a lot easier with the auto clutch because you don't end up with all the extra wheel spin.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:37 PM

I dunno. It seems that most times I whack something I end up WFO.
If not for having a finger always on the clutch lever I'd probably be typing this via a pencil in my mouth.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
I dunno. It seems that most times I whack something I end up WFO.
If not for having a finger always on the clutch lever I'd probably be typing this via a pencil in my mouth.
For some sick reason I find that very funny, and true.