Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 07-03-2010, 03:11 AM

Default 2010 Sachs EC300 Fork Problem

One of the rebound clickers was stuck and had no movement after being serviced.
I proceeded to take the top cap off, turns out the stuck clicker was caused by top cap being tightened to much. The problem I now have is that the fork with the previously stuck clicker now seams to have about 30 clicks of range from full out, where the other fork which had no previous problems to my knowledge only has about 18 clicks in from full out. The setting of both forks when I got the bike wer 2 click in from full out. Any ideas what may be the cause of the problem Im now faced with?? Thanks for any advice

Old 07-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I had the same issue once.
The Rebound adjuster will screw inwards with no limit ..don't know why they didn't put in a stopper.
screw them all the way out, remove the cap from the cart rod, make sure the shaft-spacer is in the cart rod.
screw the cap back on the cart...try it with the lock nut at the bottom of the threads....then check the clickers again...before you close up the fork.

Seems that the less pre load you run the further the adjuster screw can travel inward.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:40 PM

Thanks for the advice, turns out the thread of the brass clicker was a bit damaged, resulting in the cartridge turning with the clicker. Ran the brass thread through a die, corrected all previous problems. Now to test it all out tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:19 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Hey Bradz,
How did it go,I think I have them same problem after fitting some air bleeders?
Old 07-17-2010, 03:21 PM

The problem I found was the brass clicker, the first part of the thread was binding on the inner cartridge thread causing the cartridge itself to turn, resulting in what seamed like 30 or more clicks when infact there would have been no adjustment happening. I would suggest to take the top cap off, pop out the brass clicker and manually thread it into the cartridge, making sure it is super easy and free when turning in. (very little pressure needed). If it seams fine then Im guessing your issue will be related to when your top cap goes on as to the tightness of the cartridge tube lock nut to the cap, if its snug then you should be all good.. Hope this helps.