Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the info Dave. I will take measurements and note positions when I'm in there for next adjustment. Was there anything else we covered in PM's that was left out? Any special requests for photos of anything?

Old 03-21-2013, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Thanks for the info Dave. I will take measurements and note positions when I'm in there for next adjustment. Was there anything else we covered in PM's that was left out? Any special requests for photos of anything?
No nothing special needed... I'll definitely be trying to solve the cable issue so they are delivered ready to go. How did the large side of the carb fit the airboot?
Old 03-21-2013, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

The airboot slid onto the carb like a glove. Honestly a better fit than stock.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:31 PM

Jake, by captive cable, do you mean that the Lectron top does not have a recess that retains the outer cable jacket/nipple?
Old 03-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

The Lectron carb cap is drilled and tapped to accept their cable adjuster. The one that came with the carb is a brass one same as the image below.

By captive ends I was referring to the MotionPro T3 cables. Instead of just having a cable that drops into the sleeve, they thread directly into the carb, and directly into the throttle housing. A much better design imo.

The stock cable I am using has the 45 degree bend/sleeve at the end. This slides down into the lectron adjuster, however it doesn't take much of a tug on the cable to have it start lifting out (and raising the slide with it).
Old 03-21-2013, 03:05 PM

The clear float bowel is trick!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:47 PM

Nice write up. I look forward to the in depth review that covers fuel economy as well.

When you say it doesn't have the snap of the N3 needle do you think it's the design of the needle and therefore power delivery or do you think it's because it's slightly rich off the bottom/through the mid?

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC
Old 03-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoman View Post
The clear float bowel is trick!
I do like the clear bowl. I never realized the extreme angle the carbs sit at on the Gassers.

If you have clear bowels you need to see a Dr. LOL
Old 03-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Nath, I haven't even made a change on the carb yet so its hard to make any comparisons. The Lectron and SmartCarb have both canned multi taper needles for a metering rod. I really like the idea how the rod is connected to the slide as well and think that if Keihin used this method as opposed to needle clips then we'd also have much more refined tuning available there too. There's a design that could blow JDs kit away Custom needle and retainer. Small and would work well.

Back to the Lectron. I didn't really feel it was rich, but do think that it might find some more snap in the midrange if I run it a bit leaner. I'm unsure if this will come at the expense of bottom end grunt or not yet. Dave had some alternate metering rods that I can try if thats the case. The HIT that happens with the N3 needles isn't really ideal. Its the air fuel ratio starting to run lean, and then when it comes into extra fuel (change of taper) it explodes to life. I like it like that, and have always liked that needles can be used as another tool to modify power delivery. With the Lectron it'll more likely be a powervalve adjustment that will alter the delivery. I doubt I will have time to play with this while having the Lectron, but in May I should receive my SmartCarb and will definitely put some more research into it. If we show Dave a market he may be able to develop/produce an adjuster similar to the trusty at a more realistic price point.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 PM

Thanks for the details Jake. I had a look at a Lectron and the only questionable part is the right side choke. I have the ~12L Clark tank and I doubt I could reach the right side choke. Lectron are currently working on a cable choke kit which should take care of this. A 45* cable fitting is essential for the carb top.