Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-07-2019, 05:50 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN Rick View Post
We accept Beta riding 4T lovers for who they are.. Lost souls in need of some two stroke aroma therapy and the ping of a smoker on the pipe... With a long road of recovery, we know you'll eventually see the light and join us on path to enlightenment, red two strokes, and gnarly trails...

Well said!

Old 06-08-2019, 10:02 AM

First thing is, Jet it properly. A large majority of GG folks in the US have good luck with the N3CH needle, 42p, and 175 main. Next up if you want to spend a little money is, get an RK Tek head. If you ride any rocky stuff, but a Rekluse clutch cover ASAP. The stock one is made of toilet paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
First thing is, Jet it properly. A large majority of GG folks in the US have good luck with the N3CH needle.
Yes, I agree, it's well worth spending a little time to get it jetted properly, it will transform the bike. From everything I've read the bikes leave the GasGas factory jetted very rich.

I'm having good results (and others are) with the Suzuki needles NE**, I'm using the the NECW and really happy with it.

If you're interested here's some good info...

NE (1).JPG

NE (2).JPG

NE (3).JPG

All the best, Dave.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:32 AM

Default jetting

Thanks for the tips on the jetting! I just pulled the plug this weekend and it looked to be burning pretty good, maybe a touch on the rich side, also no spooge out the tail pipe. I will likely start playing with the jetting in the next couple of weeks (I ride at roughly sea level to 1,000').

I also saw the pictures of the clutch covers cracking and the rekluse cover would pay for itself over ending a ride that I had to travel for, so that is on the list!

My first small batch of goodies showed up today and consisted of a choke knob back on the carb and the locking side stand bushing (dropped the bike twice just checking spokes when the side stand flipped up on me ).

oh yes, and my ugly orange 500$ registration/sales tax stickers are now on the bike too!
Old 06-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2smokin View Post
Thanks for the tips on the jetting! I just pulled the plug this weekend and it looked to be burning pretty good, maybe a touch on the rich side, also no spooge out the tail pipe. I will likely start playing with the jetting in the next couple of weeks (I ride at roughly sea level to 1,000').

I also saw the pictures of the clutch covers cracking and the rekluse cover would pay for itself over ending a ride that I had to travel for, so that is on the list!

My first small batch of goodies showed up today and consisted of a choke knob back on the carb and the locking side stand bushing (dropped the bike twice just checking spokes when the side stand flipped up on me ).

oh yes, and my ugly orange 500$ registration/sales tax stickers are now on the bike too!
File off the two inside "spikes" on the brake pedal tip. They're always the one's that punch through the clutch cover case, and they aren't doing anything for grip anyways.

I have not changed needles or main jets but dropped one pilot size from stock with my bike riding at the same level as you do. Running a hair rich, but that's where I want to be anyways.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:01 PM

The issue with the stock jetting is the needle. It’s total garbage. Little to no bottom end then BOOM!!! it explodes into the mid-range. Anyone that is running the stock needle is missing out on sooo much bottom end power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2019, 05:37 AM

Default jetting

had a beautiful weekend with lots of seat time on the new gasser! got to ride a little of everything... slick rutted muddy, hard rocky hilly, few jumps and even a n 8th mile section of old rail road ties about a foot out of the ground spaced a foot apart.

I was going to rave about how much better i love the new bushing for the kick stand until... well the whole shabang fell off! (guess i should have used some loctite ).

read the owners manual and set all the clickers to stock which worked well except having to go in 2 more clicks on the fork compression. seems to be working very well now. Also set the sag but i had to max out the adjustment (compressed) to get 104mm so either a diet or new rear spring may be in order.

as far as jetting, i will be making a few changes, likely starting with the needle after reading everyone suggestions.

hope everyone else was able to get seat time int his weekend and have a good ride!