Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:30 PM

Default VisionX Solstice LED driving lamps

I just ordered a set of these for my Ducati so minivan mom has a better chance of seeing me in the day and I can see bambi at night. They are 10W and put out 900 lumens of pure white light, which is just under what a 55W halogen puts out. Reviews and photos on ADVrider look great. I was going to get the TrailTech HIDs but the reviews are terrible with many failures. I'll let you know how they work out.

For guys that want more light for night riding without rewinding the stator, this may be the ticket. All you need is a DC conversion or just a 12V battery pack. I got the 10 deg beam solo pods, but there are lots of options.

http://www.visionxstore.com/index.php?cPath=45

Old 01-02-2010, 09:26 PM

What problems have you heard of? I was thinking about getting a TrailTech X2 HID sometime.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:15 AM

Go to ADVrider.com and do a search. The consensus is the performance is great, but the reliability is terrible. Everything from ballasts to bulbs. Not just one or two guys but quite a population. On the flip side customer service is supposed to be good. Since I want them for supplemental day/night lighting on a street bike (lots of hours) I do not want to deal with this, plus, I can run the VisionX LEDs off the CAN bus controlled AUX power without a relay.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:35 PM

Hmm interesting reading....
I think I'll still get the X2 but the halogen version. I like the look of it.
Do you happen to know if someone makes replacement LED bulbs/fixtures (Not sure what to call it) for the MR16 and SC4 that the X2 takes.
I haven't found much detailed discussion on people using LED's for motorcycles. Most of it I have found is for mountain bikes and they are much small lights of course.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:21 PM

Yes, there is an MR16 replacement with three 3 Watt emitters. There is a photo somewhere on advrider in the equipment forum. Not sure who makes them or how good they are.

I got my lights today, free 2 day from CA to NJ, amazing service. They are very high quality and very small, easy to mount. For the Hypermotard, I have swapped the OEM plastic handguards for Ducati (Acerbis Rally Pro) metal handguards. A simple 1" section of 3/4" angle aluminum on the inner handguard bolt will provide a perfect mount. They will sit in front of the brake and clutch resevoirs and lok great. I'll post a pic when done in a week or so, after I get a heater for my garage.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:24 PM

Hurry up,, I want pics,, might get some for my sxc...
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 01-05-2010, 08:19 PM

I was going to buy a big electric heater for my garage but what I need is over $200 and the credit card is stressed from XMas. I bought a propane fill for my bottle top heater instead. Its so damn cold this week the flouresant lights barely turn on.

I'll get to it soon, still need a bar mounted ON/OFF switch. Maybe I'll try rolling it in the house, work on it in my gym shorts with the pellet stove blasting away!
Old 01-07-2010, 04:47 PM

I got a Mrheater buddy heater thing,, 18K btu with a fan,, puts out some serious heat for how little it is,, and withan adapter you can hook it to a 20# tank off the camper or grill..
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 01-07-2010, 07:57 PM

I've got one of the bottle mount radiant heaters, 40K BTU, its big, loud and smells somewhat, but works. I just got a 5KW 220V shop heater from the maintanence guy at the gym I go to, for free! Two were removed during a renovation. Its a ceiling mount type but for now I can run it from my welder extension, if it works good I'll mount and hard wire it.

I got the VisionX lights on the Hyper. Still waiting for a rocker switch to wire them up but they look awesome mounted.

Last edited by GMP; 01-08-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:50 AM

Uploaded some pics to my album, check them out.