Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-13-2020, 12:28 PM

Default Clutch swell?

Hi all. Hope your all well with in this current climate. So I bought an aftermarket clutch kit off eBay for my bike about a month back. What's happening since i have installed it is when the clutch is working a bit and getting hot the 2 or 3mm free play I have in the clutch lever before actuating the stroke of the slave. Ylinder increases drastically to maybe 30mm on times. Since buying the clutch I have heard online a lot about them swelling. Has anyone had this issue?
If I order up an OEM clutch will this go away?

Thanks
Nick

Old 04-13-2020, 06:30 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I had similar problems in one bike that had a leaky slave cylinder and brake fluid contaminate the trans oil.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:00 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

I had it with some non oem replacement plates. It would start to drag once the clutch got hot
Old 04-14-2020, 06:53 AM

bleed the clutch line?
hot air bubbles expand...
Old 04-14-2020, 09:32 AM

I've tried all these things to no avail. Orderd a OEM clutch kit last night. I'm pretty sure it's the friction plates swelling.

My thoughts are if the plates swell under heat it compresses the springs and leaves a bit of slack in the actuator rod which the hydraulic system can't take up quick enough. I've bled the clutch through a few times now and it is still exactly the same.

Anyhoo. I'll see how these OEM parts get off and report back. The clutch that is on there now is by a company called mitaka. I orderd it off eBay. Think that's where the problem lies. Buy cheap buy twice as they say
Old 04-14-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman View Post
I had similar problems in one bike that had a leaky slave cylinder and brake fluid contaminate the trans oil.
I thought this might have been happening but am not loosing any fluid at all from the clutch master cylinder