Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 01-24-2012, 11:37 AM

Default Clutch plates worn

Since a week or so i have discovered that power slips when i'm in the higher gears and i give full throttle. Also the bikes wants to move forward when in gear especially when the motor is cold. My steel clutch plates were replaced three months ago with result, but now it's the same problem all over again.
I think i'll go for complete kit this time with friction plates, clutch plates and springs.

Does anybody know who makes a clutch kit for a 09 450 engine besides OEM?

Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddemon View Post
Since a week or so i have discovered that power slips when i'm in the higher gears and i give full throttle. Also the bikes wants to move forward when in gear especially when the motor is cold. My steel clutch plates were replaced three months ago with result, but now it's the same problem all over again.
I think i'll go for complete kit this time with friction plates, clutch plates and springs.

Does anybody know who makes a clutch kit for a 09 450 engine besides OEM?
I found some that "Moose" makes. $124.00 for just the friction plates.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:23 PM

Went to a dealer to change brake fluid for my clutch and the piston pushing brake fluid just stopped working . OEM part (50?)was unavailable and had to be imported in belgium from spain but "luckily" he had a new magura system with lever but with a pricetag 247? . Bought it because i know magura is very good materiel and i don't want to be dirt bike less in the winter for weeks (maybe months). My first posistive impressions are that my clutch doesn't slip any more when i put it in gear, also going to neutral is far easier and i haven't noticed any slipping when putting it into 5th and 6 th gear and yanking the throttle open. Problems solved but 247? + 20? work ...
Old 01-27-2012, 11:28 AM

One more thing thing after i rode the bike home i noticed "PUT MINERAL OIL ONLY" on my new magura unit and i saw the mechanic putting DOT4 brake fluid in it so i searched on the internet and found out that DOT brake oil will disintegrate the gaskets inside the magura pump . So i called my dealer and the mechanic said it can't do any damage. After that i called a KTM dealer (they have magura units on their bikes) and they said i had to flush it with hydraulic mineral oil asap. So went to the KTM dealer bought some motorex hydraulic mineral oil for magura clutches. Then i asked to check the unit for damage and replace the DOT with mineral fluid. It took him 40 minutes and i had to pay 40? (8? for the mineral fluid).

That skips the balance to 307 ? for everything.

I hate it that nowadays most bike shops just want your money and occasionaly ripp you off if you haven't bought your bike in their shops
Old 01-27-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddemon View Post
One more thing thing after i rode the bike home i noticed "PUT MINERAL OIL ONLY" on my new magura unit and i saw the mechanic putting DOT4 brake fluid in it so i searched on the internet and found out that DOT brake oil will disintegrate the gaskets inside the magura pump . So i called my dealer and the mechanic said it can't do any damage. After that i called a KTM dealer (they have magura units on their bikes) and they said i had to flush it with hydraulic mineral oil asap. So went to the KTM dealer bought some motorex hydraulic mineral oil for magura clutches. Then i asked to check the unit for damage and replace the DOT with mineral fluid. It took him 40 minutes and i had to pay 40? (8? for the mineral fluid).

That skips the balance to 307 ? for everything.

I hate it that nowadays most bike shops just want your money and occasionaly ripp you off if you haven't bought your bike in their shops
Go back to the shop who put brake fluid in and get your money back, that is absolutely un acceptable. It's not your fault that he doesn't know the difference and can't read. The KTM dealer is correct, the brake fluid will degrade the seals, I think as soon as they come in contact with the brake fluid they are contaminated and no amount of flushing with mineral will fix them. They will fail pre maturely because of that, whether its a week or a month, it's hard to know.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobi View Post
Go back to the shop who put brake fluid in and get your money back, that is absolutely un acceptable. It's not your fault that he doesn't know the difference and can't read. The KTM dealer is correct, the brake fluid will degrade the seals, I think as soon as they come in contact with the brake fluid they are contaminated and no amount of flushing with mineral will fix them. They will fail pre maturely because of that, whether its a week or a month, it's hard to know.
+1 once contaminated the seals absorb the fluid and swell and get soft until they fail.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:30 AM

Thanks guys will bring it to their attention , hopefully the seals won't degrade but i do think this is going to happen.