Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 04-12-2011, 12:57 PM

I ordered and PAID for $1400 of parts on March 10/11. Still no parts....

Old 04-20-2011, 10:38 AM

Time for an update. ScottyR received the parts yesterday and got mine shipped out. I can say that it looks fine (still in the bag). I will install it this weekend.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:03 PM

I ordered one today, there are some on the shelf that need to be finished, so hopefully will ship next week.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:22 PM

Has anyone watched the erzberg vids on youtube ? I saw a few bikes with a spider web looking pipe gard, looks like a custom job. They look tough, bolts to the frame not to the pipe.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Ya know... it's too bad you guys are so disappointed with P3. In my opinion Eric has a superb product that is made right there in the USA.

I remember talking to him over a year ago dealing with Husky. He's very down to earth and you really couldn't ask for a nicer guy.

If you did some back reading and read the email sent to Neil E. you'd understand why your guards take so long to be delivered. It's just him and a worker.
Having worked with fiberglass a good potion of my life I can appreciate things take time. And a lot longer working with C/F.

We don't have the luxury of having the quantities of bikes like KTM or even Husky...yet. And for the few guards he has made for the Gas Gas line up. Well we should feel lucky he even bothers.

I'm not making excuses for Eric for his late delivery times. I just feel you should cut him a little slack and stop bitch'n so much.

07 TXT 280
77 TY175

Last edited by HuskyDude; 04-21-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:18 AM

I'm sure Eric Pirie means well, but all he needs to do is tell people he has a small operation and an order will take X amount of time.

ScottyR's order may have been delayed because he ordered multiple pieces. I've been involved with molding urethane and it's the same thing for large orders. When you have only one mold it just takes more time to get a bigger quantity done.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:14 PM

Sounds like Eric at P3 is caught between a rock and a hard place. He's apparently swamped with orders and customer service has suffered but that is to be expected- if he takes time to answer the phone he will never get the orders filled. How did he get in this position? My guess is his own success coupled with the resurgence of 2strokes. If as I suspect he has numerous outlets for his products that take orders without his knowledge a spike in demand can easily over run his manufacturing capabilities since he has only one person to help him make all these products. These are hand made products. He can't simply require dozens or hundreds of factory workers to work overtime to fill his orders. It's just him and one guy. He's probably working 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week to catch up. Things will slow down and get better. Then maybe he'll have time to train a new worker or two to help with the growth in P3.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
We don't have the luxury of having the quantities of bikes like KTM or even Husky...yet. And for the few guards he has made for the Gas Gas line up. Well we should feel lucky he even bothers.

I'm not making excuses for Eric for his late delivery times. I just feel you should cut him a little slack and stop bitch'n so much.

i would agree. i remember taking with a usa fabricator for front and rear disc guards and i think the demand isnt worth the effort.
sometimes when you estimate on the fly you can be way off.
two good rules for business...1-things will take 6 times longer than you plan...2-under promise and over deliver...not the other way around.
it is after all, just a pipe guard
2014 Beta Evo Factory 300
Old 04-22-2011, 02:38 AM

Check out these pipe cages they use in south africa
http://www.e-dirt.co.za/forumnew/for...e-exhaust-cage
Old 04-22-2011, 07:54 AM

I've seen them in Hawaii too. Whipps in Austrailia made some but not for a GG. They are mostly custom. I'd like one of these for sure, it would fit the bill for my riding. If only I had a TIG and the talent to use it.