Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

View Poll Results: Would you buy a new bike direct from the manufacturer?
Yes 23 67.65%
No 11 32.35%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2013, 08:18 PM

Default Manufacturer direct

I have been watching different items go to direct distribution in this industry, EVS, Fastway, Smart Carb, Asterisk, etc. Basically I used to buy these products and others from my distributors and now I have to set up as a dealer directly with the manufacturer. It got me to wondering if the motorcycle manufacturers would ever go to this type (or some variation of it) of system at some time. I can see advantages for the manufacturers- possibly better margins at lower retail as the dealer profit is out of the mix, bikes are getting very high on the showroom, plus I've heard dealers talk of double digit numbers of some brands '13 models still on the floor and it's time to order '14s. I bought my used '10 GG sight unseen from a guy in CA & had it shipped but I'm probably not the norm. KTM, GG, Sherco & Husabeg?? all have demo fleets so it seems possible that you could get a chance to 'throw a leg over' a new bike at some point & try it out on the trail instead of just sitting on one in the showroom. Maybe if you bought a new bike and 'referred a friend' you could get 'manufacturers bucks' towards parts or even your next new bike??.Dish Network will give you $50 to refer some one that enrolls. I'm an independent repair/accessory shop so it wouldn't bother my business but if I was a dealer what would it do to me? Would it be- Easier because I don't have that floor plan to sweat out & the possibility of leftover units? or Harder because brand loyalty wouldn't steer customers back in to me for parts etc? It seems as though more and more people are online buying (even GG owners are shopping with Mikel) so could it extend to the whole unit instead of just parts and accessories?

So here is my question- Would you buy a new bike if you couldn't haul it home with you? Simple answer is yes or no but I'd love to hear thoughts on the whole thing
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro