Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 08-26-2019, 04:12 PM

Default Electric start help please!

A fellow GasGas owner has offered to sell me his electric start components off his 2013 EC300 and I'm trying to make sure of all the parts I need from him. Do I have this right? Would be installing it on my '11 EC250R.

starter motor
bendix
ignition sprocket (how does this mount?)
flywheel case cover
gasket for that cover
powervalve cover w/upper starter mount

I already have the bigger stator. Do I need the flywheel from his as well or will my current one work?

I have the electric start subframe and I can source/make my own harness, relay, switch, battery, and DC conversion.

Lastly, and very important, what would be a fair price for the parts from him?

'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220

Old 08-26-2019, 07:15 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

You will need the flywheel retaining nut from the e-start model, and there are shims to adjust ignition sprocket placement.

I sold a new take off e-start for $400

Hope this helps.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:30 AM

The large gear sits over the rivets on the flywheel. It can be gently pried off. A long as both bikes use a 2K3 ignition/flywheel, you should be fine.

You may need to make a thick igntion cover gasket to space out the flywheel cover to assist in correcting the gear mesh. Crankshaft spacing can vary enough that different methods of correcting the alignment are needed.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton View Post
You will need the flywheel retaining nut from the e-start model, and there are shims to adjust ignition sprocket placement.

I sold a new take off e-start for $400

Hope this helps.
Hmm. We both are trying to make a fair deal and neither of us knows what it should be! LOL! so tough to figure out. So, I need to get the flywheel retaining nut as well. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil E. View Post
The large gear sits over the rivets on the flywheel. It can be gently pried off. A long as both bikes use a 2K3 ignition/flywheel, you should be fine.

You may need to make a thick igntion cover gasket to space out the flywheel cover to assist in correcting the gear mesh. Crankshaft spacing can vary enough that different methods of correcting the alignment are needed.
I admit I've never had to take off my ignition cover since i bought it but the electrical output is in the correct location for the 2K3 stator.

Sounds like getting it to work correctly is going to be fun. (sarcasm) Thanks for the input and tips!
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220