Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

Old 08-10-2007, 04:24 AM

After owning many off road and motocross bikes I can truly say the gasser knocked my socks off, it really is an awesome bike to ride.....cant say its one thing or the other, it just has the X-Factor many new bikes dont have......out of all my bikes the most bland was the orange one......no offence to the katoom brigade...
Old 08-17-2007, 05:55 AM

Thumbs up gasgas = tank (in a good way!)

I like my gasgas 300 because it's built like a tank and may never break! Also now with the ltr jet kit and the sunny setting on my bike hauls like a wild banshee and I love that 300 POWER!!!!!

Jimbolaya
06 EC300
Grab life by the bars and twist!

Last edited by jimbolaya; 08-23-2007 at 07:14 PM. Reason: more info available
Old 08-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I love my Gas Gas cause of all the things you guys have said. Because of those great traits and quality's these bikes have made me faster, more confident and no doubt, a better rider.

Below I reiterate those great traits.

I believe the fact that the bike is equipped with a rear suspension linkage is key to the next 3 listed traits below.

Stability ( I have never ran a steering dampener with a Gas Gas, Les has always told me "if your suspension is set up right you don't need one").

Turning ability. (On a dime accuracy, as planted as a front end gets.)

Power delivery that hooks up. (No mater how sloppy the conditions.)

Reliability. (Takes a lot to break one of these)

Easy to work on and do maintenance. (Simple routine)

Reasonable parts cost for repair. (Better than most realize)

Comes pretty well ready to race. ( as good as, if not better than the rest)

Quality components stock. ( Aftermarket for many brands.)

Its different and draws attention where ever it goes.( always questions)

But the icing on the cake is, it looks far better than the competition doing what its built to do, Win!

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 09-14-2007, 01:45 PM

Default 200 Ec

The look on my "ORANGE CREW" ridding group after throwing a leg over my (new to me) 01 200 is priceless, and guess what, yes parts are no more a problem than KTM. They all say what a good looking,well put togeather,somebody was thinking and paying attention to riders needs when the bike built. Thank You GAS GAS, and the only complant i have is yellow is a great color on the bike and should not have been deleated,instead should have been the main color with accent colors on the other models. Don
Old 10-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Talking

I've owned all three colors of Gas Gas. I think of all the colors my favorite to own was the red. Not because it was the most attractive, I agree the yellow was my favorite to look at, but because nobody ever mistook my 250 for a Honda. People all the time thought my 200 was a Suzuki, and people today often look in wonder and ask if my bike is a YZ with a lighting coil. I've begun to tell them yes, it's a new '08 yz 300, and is sold as an off road model. If they bite, I usually tell them that the music end of the business has sued the motorsports end, and has forced Yamaha to change their name to Gas Gas so that their pianos will never be mistaken for a motorcycle.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 03-28-2008, 06:19 AM

Default I have an EC200 and FSE450

There is more sweat and blood in those bikes then gas and oil that I have ran through them. Not in the literal sense but I have had to wrench on the 4 stroke and well not so much on the 200. Either way the handling and look on peoples faces is priceless. After reading this post I might put Honda stickers so that when I run from the Cops they will be looking for a 450R or 650R. This is another reason why I like GG: I'm just in awe!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GasGas _1.jpg (59.4 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-08-2008, 09:27 AM

I love mine because:

It looks the tits.
It goes like sh*t off a stick.
It's surprisingly easy to work on.
It's different.
The sound! With my modded exhaust, I haven't heard another stroker come close!
The acceleration.
The fact I annoy pretty much all of my Harley-riding mates when I keep up/pass them in the twisties. (I got the '02 250 supermoto)
The admiring stares I get.
The handling.
The reliability. Only have to do rings every 2000 miles and everything else has been fine. Except that exhaust bracket under the tank. Now made my 3rd reincarnation of it!
The fact it starts 1st/2nd kick come Hell or high water pretty much every time.
The grin factor.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:17 PM

Hill climbs, make me look like i can actually ride.

suspension and ergo's
Old 02-11-2009, 02:26 PM

I love my gas gas cos its the first one i have owned! Before when i had a husky i had nothing to do but now when i am not riding it i am fixing it ( it is a 98 EC250 ) bit old you know.
Man the money i have spent on it i could have bought a new one or nearly.

Im not dishin the dirt on the gg cos its a fantastic bike best one i have ridden
people look at it and ask what it is when i say its a gg people go wow as if its some ancient artifact or somin.

I keep toyin with the idea of buyin a new one but could i ride it any better than mine if i did? i dont think so.

Keep the flag flyin.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I like mine because of the handling, power, suspension, brakes & reliability. other than that, it stinks.